The Aspiring Educators Living Learning Community brings together students who want to explore careers working in K-12 education and are passionate about making a difference in the lives of children and youth.
Partnering with the Graduate School’s Teacher Education program, Aspiring Educators will connect with like-minded LC students, have opportunities to explore options for serving young people in schools and communities, and network with local educators.
As a member of this community you will:
- Gain hands-on classroom experience in K-12 schools or other educational settings.
- Visit local school districts.
- Learn about different areas of the teaching profession.
- Connect with others at LC interested in exploring careers in education.
- Attend exclusive events and activities to support your growth as a future educator.
- Engage in networking opportunities with the Teacher Education faculty, staff, and students on the graduate campus.
- And more!
As a result of living in the Aspiring Educators LLC, students will:
- Gain an understanding of teaching as a profession.
- Develop an appreciation and understanding of social justice and inclusion as it relates to the teaching profession.
- Learn about various learning styles, developmental models, and pedagogical approaches.
The Aspiring Educators Living-Learning Community is housed in Copeland Hall and is facilitated through an on-going partnership with the Teacher Pathways Program in the Graduate School of Education & Counseling.
Liza Finkel, Graduate School of Education and Counseling