Teacher Pathways: Become a Teacher in 4+1
Through the Graduate School of Education and Counseling and Teacher Pathways, you could earn your BA plus your Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT)—and licensure—in five years. You can apply to Teacher Pathways as an incoming, first-year, or second-year student and will be eligible to apply for early admission to the graduate school upon successful completion of the pathway.
While enrolled in the Teacher Pathways program, you will meet with your Teacher Pathways advisor and take undergraduate education courses with a social-justice focus. These courses are taught by graduate faculty and will introduce you to educational theory and practice. The Pathway includes practicum experiences in K-12 public school settings.
- Review the steps to apply and sign up for Teacher Pathways.
- Email the Teacher Pathways advisor, Liza Finkel (email@example.com), to set up a meeting.
- Plan to enroll in undergraduate education courses.
- Contact the graduate admissions office at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a graduate school tour.
- Learn more about the Elementary and Secondary MAT programs on the graduate school’s website.