Visual And Performing Arts (VAPA) LLC
The Living-Learning Community Application for 22-23 is for both incoming students and continuing students.
The Visual and Performing Arts (VAPA) Living Learning Community unites creatively engaged people to share in all types of artistic expression. VAPA residents come from various experience levels and bond over their appreciation and practice in the arts, including fine art, crafts, music, theater, writing, and more.
The VAPA Living Learning Community is cultivated through an ongoing partnership with Arts@LC and the Platteau, and is housed in Platt Hall.
Perks and opportunities that VAPA members can enjoy include (but are not limited to):
- Access to the Platteau Student Art Center, which provides an open art space, free supplies, and lounge furniture. Individual studios include ceramics, dark room, dance studio, and music practice room.
- Active collaborative events with the Platteau including:
- Life drawing
- Art Workshops
- Open Mics
- Art Shows
- Tradition events (ie. Rocky Horror Night)
- Connection and exposure to arts events around campus.
- Chalkboard room doors that allow you to express yourself.
- Connection to arts faculty and staff through Arts@LC.
- Mentorship and dedicated programming by peer staff (RAs and Platteau Managers) who have a dedication to the arts.
Area Director: Julia Pacheco-Cole
Campus Partners: To be announced