Due to COVID-19, storage is very limited this year and we are trying to make sure students who
have absolutely no other place to store to do so. If you are able to explore off campus storage options, we encourage you to do so. We recommend looking into local SmartBox and UHaul options.
Like years past, we are now reenforcing that only students who live over 600 miles away from campus are
eligible. Please do not apply if you live within that radius so that we are able to accommodate our students who live further away.
- Storage room access is limited to residential Lewis & Clark students whose home address is 600 miles away from campus. Priority consideration will be given to students whose permanent address is outside the continental US.
- For summer storage, you must have submitted the required contract or lease agreement and deposit for campus housing for the Fall semester.
- Students withdrawing or taking a leave of absence from the institution may NOT store any personal items in College owned storage rooms.
- All Summer 2021 storage will be in the APARTMENT STORAGE: Apartment area storage lockers are approximately 4x4x3 feet; storage cannot exceed one locker per resident. Students will not be allowed more than 3 boxes in their storage locker. Residents are responsible for providing locks for the storage lockers. All items placed in lockers must be boxed (again, there is a 3 box limit) and clearly marked with an official trunk room label. A bicycle can be stored if it is inside the locker. Furniture, other than what will fit inside a storage cage, cannot be stored at any time. Mini-fridges, de-thawed and boxed, are allowed but will count towards your 3 box limit.
- Bicycles cannot be left in bike rooms in the residence halls during summer break or during participation in overseas or off-campus programs. Once the halls close, remaining bikes will be considered abandoned and be donated to a charitable organization.
- Items prohibited in the residence handbook are not permitted in storage rooms. We recommend you take valuable items home with you rather than placing them in trunk rooms.
Access and Security
- Storage facilities are accessible only during posted trunk room hours at the start and end of each semester. We will not allow students access to their storage unless requested due to Covid-19 safety protocols. Students permitted access will incur a fee of $50 for each access. Fees will be collected upon entry.
- All personal goods placed in storage area must be removed within ten days of your return to campus. If you require access to your storage space, you must make an appointment with your RA or Area Director. Please provide at least 24-hours notice.
- Lewis & Clark does not assume liability for personal property, including theft, damage, or loss whether in storage or in a residence hall room.
- Any item(s) left 30 days past your expected date of return will be disposed of or donated to charity.
Insurance coverage for your personal property is not provided by the College and is your responsibility.