Learning and Living at Lewis & Clark
Our Guiding Philosophy
Campus Living co-creates a supportive, interdependent, and educationally purposeful residential community for Lewis & Clark.
To this end, we sustain the following principles:
- Celebrate the wisdom of diversity and inclusion;
- Promote engagement and citizenship;
- Foster self-advocacy and personal responsibility;
- Champion holistic student development and the betterment of the collective.
This philosophy guides our work in Campus Living as we serve our students as part of the Division of Student Life. Lewis & Clark fosters a community of globally engaged citizen-leaders who share a desire to create positive change. We collaborate in academic and experiential learning, civic leadership and career development, diversity and inclusion, and wellness. We are an enduring community of scholars who inquire and work in an interdependent world, and create a place of belonging in which all students can take pride and realize their full potential.
- FOR RETURNING STUDENTS: In order to continue to de-densify the halls, we are no longer accepting housing applications for the 2020-2021 Academic Year.
Halls OPEN for returning students at 9am by appointment starting August 26th.
- Individual move-in times have been announced July 19-24. If you have not received a move-in time, please email Campus Living at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Classes begin on August 31, 2020.
- There is no Fall Break in 2020, October 8th and 9th will be instructional.
- Final day of in-person instruction is November 20th.
- Students will travel home the week of Thanksgiving (there will be no meal service this week).
- November 30th online instruction begins.
Note that once you go home for Thanksgiving, you will not return to campus for the rest of the semester. This schedule will allow you to have a meaningful on-campus experience while minimizing travel between home and campus. Rest assured, though, that students who need to remain in campus housing for the duration of the semester will be accommodated.
Please plan your travels accordingly!
For your convenience, the College provides limited transportation from the Portland airport. Check out the Airport Shuttle Schedule here! Questions? Please contact the Transportation and Parking Office at email@example.com.