Learning and Living at Lewis & Clark
Our Guiding Philosophy
Campus Living co-creates a supportive, interdependent, and educationally purposeful residential community for Lewis & Clark.
To this end, we sustain the following principles:
- Celebrate the wisdom of diversity and inclusion;
- Promote engagement and citizenship;
- Foster self-advocacy and personal responsibility;
- Champion holistic student development and the betterment of the collective.
This philosophy guides our work in Campus Living as we serve our students as part of the Division of Student Life. Lewis & Clark fosters a community of globally engaged citizen-leaders who share a desire to create positive change. We collaborate in academic and experiential learning, civic leadership and career development, diversity and inclusion, and wellness. We are an enduring community of scholars who inquire and work in an interdependent world, and create a place of belonging in which all students can take pride and realize their full potential.
Important News, Updates, and Stories
- There is no Fall Break in 2020, October 8th and 9th will be instructional.
- Final day of in-person instruction is November 20th.
- Students who do not wish to stay after Thanksgiving are expected to leave no later than 6:00pm on November 25th.
- Students will travel home the week of Thanksgiving (No food service November 26-28 with service resuming November 29 for brunch).
- Students who must stay past Thanksgiving Break, and want to continue to eat in Bon Appetit facilities can purchase the additional meal plan ($450). If you have the Flex only or Block meal plan you will not need to purchase this supplemental meal plan. ALL students unused flex points will carry over to the Spring.
- November 30th online instruction begins.
Note: Once you go home for Thanksgiving, you will not return to campus for the rest of the semester. This schedule will allow you to have a meaningful on-campus experience while minimizing travel between home and campus. Rest assured, though, that students who need to remain in campus housing for the duration of the semester will be accommodated.
If you are a current on-campus resident who only signed a Fall semester contract with campus living, you will have the opportunity to extend your housing contract through the Spring semester.
There are steps that LC community members can take prior to arriving on campus that will aid in the slowing of transmission of the virus.