Winter Break Housing Information
Winter Break 2023-24 information will be updated in Fall 2023.
Winter Break Housing Details
- Winter break housing for 2023-24 will be located in Stewart, Odell, Akin, Holmes, Hartzfeld, and the East, West, and Roberts Apartments.
- Students must have an agreement for both the Fall and Spring terms to be eligible for Winter Break housing.
- Students approved to participate in college sponsored winter programs (Winterim, Athletics, Wilderness First Responder, Speech and Debate) will work with the sponsoring office to determine winter housing needs.
Applying for Winter Housing
- Winter break housing applications become available on our housing portal on October 28, 2022. The deadline to apply is December 2, 2022.
- All students who meet the winter break housing qualifications (including apartment residents and students participating in sponsored programming) must submit a winter housing break application and sign our winter break contract.
- The Winter Break 2022-2023 Housing Contract will be posted to this webpage in October 2022.
- Winter Break housing is included at no cost for residents of the apartments in East, West, and Roberts Halls.
- For all other Winter Break students, the cost of a winter break stay is a flat fee of $450 for the entirety of the break.
- To view the Winter Break housing contract, click here.
Winter Break Consolidation
We consolidate students for the winter break. Winter break housing for 2023-24 will be located in Stewart, Odell, Akin, Holmes, Hartzfeld, and the East, West, and Roberts Apartments.
If you live outside of these areas/buildings, you will be asked to move for the winter break. We will assign you to a new room for the winter break period.
Why do we consolidate students instead of keeping all halls open?
- Safety. We want to ensure that a few students are not isolated on a floor or in a building after the rest of their community leaves for the break.
- Sustainability & Facilities. Having fewer facilities open allows us to lower our utility usage and environmental impact. Facilities also takes advantage of the winter break to schedule projects that can not be done while students are occupying building, particularly if they involve the shutting off of one or more utilities or extensive space entry. Emergent issues sometimes arise in our facilities due to winter inclement weather. Consolidating students into fewer buildings limits the risk of having to relocate students due to emergent facilities issues.
- Staffing. This allows Campus Living and Campus Safety to reduce the impact to our teams during this break period while still providing focused on-call support to students remaining on-campus.
Please note the following during Winter Break:
- The College will be closed for winter break from December 23rd through January 2nd, 2023. This means all campus offices will be closed as staff members observe the vacation period.
- Dining on campus is closed over the winter break period and students are responsible for their own dining needs.
- The Pio Express does not run over the winter break but the Trimet continues to provide service.
- Resident Advisors are present on-campus for the duration of the Winter Break.
- Campus Safety is open 365 days a year and will remain open during the Winter Break period.
- As renovations to Stewart and Odell begin in December, as well as Facilities maintenance in residence halls over the winter break, there will be construction workers and noise throughout the winter break.