Located at the heart of the undergraduate campus, Lewis & Clark’s Watzek Library is an ideal setting for research, study and collaboration. Serving undergraduate and graduate students, Watzek provides rich collections of print and electronic resources and friendly librarians to help students with their research projects. The Boley Law Library serves the Law School and is a center of legal information for the region.
Lewis & Clark’s libraries subscribe to thousands of electronic journals, books, research databases, primary sources and data sets that take research far beyond a Google search. But even if the article or book you need is not readily available, the libraries can get it for you fast.
Librarians work with students to help navigate an increasingly complex information universe. At Watzek, you can connect up with one by visiting the reference desk, setting up a consultation, or meeting one through an in-class instruction session.
Things to love about Watzek Library:
Open 24 hours Sunday-Thursday
Comfy furniture, serene views, and even a fireplace
Small library feeling with research library access via consortial collections and the Summit catalog
Exciting events like a rock concert and finals week study breaks featuring massages and dog therapy
- Amazing Special Collections that include a medieval illuminated manuscript, early maps of Western exploration, the daily writings of poet laureate William Stafford, and much more
Visit the Watzek Library website to access Watzek Library collections and services.
Visit the Boley Law Library website to access Boley Library collections and services.
- WatzekLibrary: RT @lcgendersymp: Want to learn more about this years symposium theme? Check out our book display in @WatzekLibrary !! http://t.co/i3BWtEfQOd
- WatzekLibrary: RT @lcgendersymp: FREE COFFE (sponsored by the symposium) HAPPENING NOW IN WATZEK! Come by and grab yourself a cup before class! http://t.co/MLrkegTLmy
- WatzekLibrary: .@lewisandclark’s 1st #MiddleEast Studies Symposium kicks off Wednesday! Check out these supporting books at Watzek: http://t.co/qddvUgI0L7
- WatzekLibrary: Please consider taking a quick survey & enter to win a prize, as part of our website redesign process http://t.co/YeCTtHx9YR @lewisandclark
- WatzekLibrary: RT @lewisandclark: What’s better than a rock ‘n’ roll show on campus? Watzek rocks! Come show off your moves at @WatzekLibrary tonight: http://t.co/sbxLZyHDYD
Need in-depth help with your research? Schedule a research consultation–a personalized session with a librarian on how to approach the research process for your project.
We know it’s the end of the semester, and you’re busy. REALLY busy. But check out this prestigious award that the library gives to the two best E&D research projects. It’s easy to apply for the award, and you are already doing the work! The deadline to apply is May 8.
Watzek Library will close at 5 PM on Friday, March 20, as we make our way into Spring Break. We’ll be open 11 AM to 7 PM, March 21-22, and 8 AM to 5 PM, March 23-27. Regular hours will resume on Saturday, March 28. Complete info on our hours can be found here.
This month’s cover of College & Research Libraries News features the “Mouth of the Willamette River, Oregon” from The West Shore: An Illustrated Western Magazine. The image is part of the Lewis & Clark College Digital Collections and was provided courtesy of Watzek Library’s Special Collections and Archives Department.
April 22nd, 2015
Poetry Reading by Linda Bierds and Emily Wilson
Join the English Department April 21 at 6 p.m. in the Frank Manor House for an evening of poetry with Linda Bierds and Emily Wilson! Refreshments will be provided.