Located at the heart of the undergraduate campus, Lewis & Clark’s Watzek Library is an ideal setting for research, study and collaboration. Serving undergraduate and graduate students, Watzek provides rich collections of print and electronic resources and friendly librarians to help students with their research projects. The Boley Law Library serves the Law School and is a center of legal information for the region.
Lewis & Clark’s libraries subscribe to thousands of electronic journals, books, research databases, primary sources and data sets that take research far beyond a Google search. But even if the article or book you need is not readily available, the libraries can get it for you fast.
Librarians work with students to help navigate an increasingly complex information universe. At Watzek, you can connect up with one by visiting the reference desk, setting up a consultation, or meeting one through an in-class instruction session.
Things to love about Watzek Library:
Open 24 hours Sunday-Thursday
Comfy furniture, serene views, and even a fireplace
Small library feeling with research library access via consortial collections and the Summit catalog
Exciting events like a rock concert and finals week study breaks featuring massages and dog therapy
- Amazing Special Collections that include a medieval illuminated manuscript, early maps of Western exploration, the daily writings of poet laureate William Stafford, and much more
Visit the Watzek Library website to access Watzek Library collections and services.
Visit the Boley Law Library website to access Boley Library collections and services.
- WatzekLibrary: Recess is coming…. Friday and Saturday, May 3 & 4, 8pm-10pm. Snacks. Games. COFFEE! Doggies (Friday)!! Massages (both nights). Brought to you by Watzek SAC and ASLC!! https://t.co/Gu2PltcdZi
- WatzekLibrary: Before leaving campus for the summer, be sure to check out the 2018 winners of the Overseas & Off-Campus annual photo contest. The winning photos are on the green wall near the IT computer lab in Watzek!! More info in the link… https://t.co/G8YkR3Jid3 https://t.co/XYGepOGMrC
- WatzekLibrary: #MyLibraryMyStory #HowIWatzek https://t.co/YUF7KXigO8
- WatzekLibrary: #MyLibraryMyStory #HowIWatzek https://t.co/snxM6c2DI7
- WatzekLibrary: #MyLibraryMyStory #HowIWatzek #Poembot #NationalPoetryMonth https://t.co/zELEgXe8r5
Watzek Librarian Parvaneh Abbaspour recently presented new alumna Cyan Cowap BA ’19 with an intriguing opportunity to illustrate the biomedical imaging textbook that Professor of Physics Bethe Scalettar and Lewis & Clark law school alumnus James Abney are writing.
Watzek Library has received a second year of LSTA funding for the project, “Vietnamese Portland: Memory, History, and Community”.
The Council of Independent Colleges (CIC) has awarded Lewis & Clark a $10,000 grant to produce a series of podcasts using material from Watzek Library’s Vietnamese Portland: History, Memory, Community archive.