Located at the heart of the undergraduate campus, Lewis & Clark’s Watzek Library is an ideal setting for research, study and collaboration. Serving undergraduate and graduate students, Watzek provides rich collections of print and electronic resources and friendly librarians to help students with their research projects. The Boley Law Library serves the Law School and is a center of legal information for the region.
Lewis & Clark’s libraries subscribe to thousands of electronic journals, books, research databases, primary sources and data sets that take research far beyond a Google search. But even if the article or book you need is not readily available, the libraries can get it for you fast.
Librarians work with students to help navigate an increasingly complex information universe. At Watzek, you can connect up with one by visiting the reference desk, setting up a consultation, or meeting one through an in-class instruction session.
Things to love about Watzek Library:
Open 24 hours Sunday-Thursday
Comfy furniture, serene views, and even a fireplace
Small library feeling with research library access via consortial collections and the Summit catalog
Exciting events like a rock concert and finals week study breaks featuring massages and dog therapy
- Amazing Special Collections that include a medieval illuminated manuscript, early maps of Western exploration, the daily writings of poet laureate William Stafford, and much more
Visit the Watzek Library website to access Watzek Library collections and services.
Visit the Boley Law Library website to access Boley Library collections and services.
- WatzekLibrary: RT @BeeneSteph: Look closely. There’s a student under there. @WatzekLibrary #finalsweek #library http://t.co/6XGacpFhqn
- WatzekLibrary: RT @lcgendersymp: Want to learn more about this years symposium theme? Check out our book display in @WatzekLibrary !! http://t.co/i3BWtEfQOd
- WatzekLibrary: RT @lcgendersymp: FREE COFFE (sponsored by the symposium) HAPPENING NOW IN WATZEK! Come by and grab yourself a cup before class! http://t.co/MLrkegTLmy
- WatzekLibrary: .@lewisandclark’s 1st #MiddleEast Studies Symposium kicks off Wednesday! Check out these supporting books at Watzek: http://t.co/qddvUgI0L7
Poetry Foundation audio program Poetry Off the Shelf explores poet William Stafford and his actions on walking and writing for peace. Produced by Curtis Fox the program includes remarks by Kim Stafford, Naomi Shihab Nye, and Philip Metres.
We are hiring Circulation Assistants for the 2015-16 school year. Will you be receiving a work study award? Do you have excellent customer service skills? We want to hear from you! If interested, please apply here.
Watzek hours will change as we move into summer. Click on the hours in the bottom-left of our home page to see all the details.
Need in-depth help with your research? Schedule a research consultation–a personalized session with a librarian on how to approach the research process for your project.