Located at the heart of the undergraduate campus, Lewis & Clark’s Watzek Library is an ideal setting for research, study and collaboration. Serving undergraduate and graduate students, Watzek provides rich collections of print and electronic resources and friendly librarians to help students with their research projects. The Boley Law Library serves the Law School and is a center of legal information for the region.
Lewis & Clark’s libraries subscribe to thousands of electronic journals, books, research databases, primary sources and data sets that take research far beyond a Google search. But even if the article or book you need is not readily available, the libraries can get it for you fast.
Librarians work with students to help navigate an increasingly complex information universe. At Watzek, you can connect up with one by visiting the reference desk, setting up a consultation, or meeting one through an in-class instruction session.
Things to love about Watzek Library:
Open 24 hours Sunday-Thursday
Comfy furniture, serene views, and even a fireplace
Small library feeling with research library access via consortial collections and the Summit catalog
Exciting events like a rock concert and finals week study breaks featuring massages and dog therapy
- Amazing Special Collections that include a medieval illuminated manuscript, early maps of Western exploration, the daily writings of poet laureate William Stafford, and much more
Visit the Watzek Library website to access Watzek Library collections and services.
Visit the Boley Law Library website to access Boley Library collections and services.
- WatzekLibrary: Show us your costume on Halloween and get $5 off your fines! https://t.co/KndsL5lx81
- WatzekLibrary: And now we’ve got a write up in the @washingtonpost for our 1599 Geneva Bible. What fun!
- WatzekLibrary: Look what was found in my basement! https://t.co/TzPt5ZSmNw
- WatzekLibrary: Please join us this Friday, 9/16 at 3pm for our 17th Annual Johannah Sherrer Memorial Lecture. For more info: https://t.co/zonuZucGOR
- WatzekLibrary: Please join us 9/16 at 3pm for our 17th Annual Johannah Sherrer Memorial Lecture. For more info: https://t.co/zonuZucGOR
This HeinOnline collection brings together, for the first time, all known legal materials on slavery in the United States and the English-speaking world.
History Professor Susan Glosser and students research, write and curate exhibit on display in Watzek Library.
History major, Sam Bussan ’18 recently discovered a rare 1599 English Bible in the basement of Watzek. This Oregonian story includes some great pictures and briefly interviews him and our new Head of Special Collections, Hannah Crummé.
Watzek Library would like to thank research assistants Lauren Krumholz and Nick Hensel for helping us staff the reference desk on Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 7pm-9pm this semester. Thanks for helping us extend our hours!
October 28th, 2016
5:00pm - 8:00pm:
Halloween Scavenger Hunt at Watzek!
October 31st, 2016
Scare away your library fines!
Show us your costume on Halloween and get $5 off your library fines!