Located at the heart of the undergraduate campus, Lewis & Clark’s Watzek Library is an ideal setting for research, study and collaboration. Serving undergraduate and graduate students, Watzek provides rich collections of print and electronic resources and friendly librarians to help students with their research projects. The Boley Law Library serves the Law School and is a center of legal information for the region.
Lewis & Clark’s libraries subscribe to thousands of electronic journals, books, research databases, primary sources and data sets that take research far beyond a Google search. But even if the article or book you need is not readily available, the libraries can get it for you fast.
Librarians work with students to help navigate an increasingly complex information universe. At Watzek, you can connect up with one by visiting the reference desk, setting up a consultation, or meeting one through an in-class instruction session.
Things to love about Watzek Library:
Open 24 hours Sunday-Thursday
Comfy furniture, serene views, and even a fireplace
Small library feeling with research library access via consortial collections and the Summit catalog
Exciting events like a rock concert and finals week study breaks featuring massages and dog therapy
- Amazing Special Collections that include a medieval illuminated manuscript, early maps of Western exploration, the daily writings of poet laureate William Stafford, and much more
Visit the Watzek Library website to access Watzek Library collections and services.
Visit the Boley Law Library website to access Boley Library collections and services.
- WatzekLibrary: TODAY! TOMORROW!! Watzek Recess! 8-10pm! Don’t miss it! Coffee, snacks, dog therapy, free 10-min massages, coloring… https://t.co/MqbcAgJ9L2
- WatzekLibrary: ohhhh, relax!! Free 10-minute massages at Watzek Recess! Plus dogs, snacks, games, COFFEE! Tomorrow & Saturday,… https://t.co/bmQ4SzHzRW
- WatzekLibrary: Get your doggy fix at Watzek Recess, Fri & Sat, 8-10pm. Games, coffee, free 10-min massages! Take a break! You de… https://t.co/r33wmWhR5K
- WatzekLibrary: April 27 is Poem In Your Pocket Day. Visit @Watzek for a #pocketpoem courtesy of poembot. https://t.co/JYhsaMBPfB
- WatzekLibrary: Two more sleeps! WATZEK RECESS RETURNS!! Friday & Saturday 8-10pm! https://t.co/bhIZSBcvEr
We know it’s the end of the semester, and you’re busy. REALLY busy. But check out this prestigious award that the library gives to the two best E&D research projects. It’s easy to apply for the award, and you are already doing the work! The deadline to apply is Sunday, May 7.
Are you interested in learning how to draw different types of plants, bugs, and mammals? Do you have an interest in exploring how to tie together the arts and sciences? Then a Scientific Illustration workshop is for you! A Scientific Illustrator will be visiting campus the weekend of April 7-9 to lead three Workshops. If you are interested and want to sign up for one of these sessions, or want to learn more, click here!
Thank you to SAAB, the Biology Department & the Watzek Library for supporting this event.
The Horror of Normalcy: Katherine Dunn, Geek Love, and Cult Literature opens to the public April 4. This exhibition provides a first look at the literary archive of the cult Portland author, who arranged to bequeath her collection to Lewis & Clark before her death in 2016.
Roses are red, violets are blue,
Watzek’s rad robot prints poems just for you.
They are better than this one.
PoemBot brought to you by Watzek Digital Initiatives and Sophia Horigan, ’16. New poems daily April 1-30.