Located at the heart of the undergraduate campus, Lewis & Clark’s Watzek Library is an ideal setting for research, study and collaboration. Serving undergraduate and graduate students, Watzek provides rich collections of print and electronic resources and friendly librarians to help students with their research projects. The Boley Law Library serves the Law School and is a center of legal information for the region.
Lewis & Clark’s libraries subscribe to thousands of electronic journals, books, research databases, primary sources and data sets that take research far beyond a Google search. But even if the article or book you need is not readily available, the libraries can get it for you fast.
Librarians work with students to help navigate an increasingly complex information universe. At Watzek, you can connect up with one by visiting the reference desk, setting up a consultation, or meeting one through an in-class instruction session.
Things to love about Watzek Library:
Open 24 hours Sunday-Thursday
Comfy furniture, serene views, and even a fireplace
Small library feeling with research library access via consortial collections and the Summit catalog
Finals week study breaks featuring massages and dog therapy
- Amazing Special Collections that include a medieval illuminated manuscript, early maps of Western exploration, the daily writings of poet laureate William Stafford, and much more
Visit the Watzek Library website to access Watzek Library collections and services.
Visit the Boley Law Library website to access Boley Library collections and services.
- WatzekLibrary: Beginning August 3rd, Lewis & Clark students, faculty, and staff may request items from select Summit libraries. https://t.co/exZmiIDvVX https://t.co/yKcjRUpTXw
- WatzekLibrary: Calling all fall thesis writers! Research librarians are ready to help you make the most of a summer full of reading time! Find your librarian at https://t.co/Vqj6HjhrtJ to send an email or set up a Zoom call. https://t.co/ER1MYRobqf
- WatzekLibrary: #WatzekLibrary has re-opened to current students, faculty, and staff only. We are following the health and safety expectations laid out by the college. https://t.co/Q2jVBg2Kt3 #wearamask #washyourhands #keepyourdistance https://t.co/pdioDfFIye
- WatzekLibrary: We have resumed delivery of library materials to and from the Graduate Campus in York Commons. https://t.co/QqPaKXETOW
- WatzekLibrary: The Pick Up Shelf will not be available on Friday, July 3 and there will be no librarians on-duty for chat. Please have a fun but very safe holiday weekend. https://t.co/1Zn63tvyhl
Beginning August 3rd, Lewis & Clark students, faculty, and staff may request items from select Summit libraries.
As of Monday, July 27, 2020 we have resumed delivery of library materials to the Graduate Campus in York Commons. Library materials may be returned to Watzek by placing them in the book drop also located in York Commons.
Watzek Library has reopened and implemented the health and safety expectations for current students, faculty, and staff. Please note we are closed to members of the public until further notice.
The Pick Up Shelf will not be available on Friday, July 3 and there will be no librarians on-duty for chat. Please have a fun but very safe holiday weekend.