Move-Out/Departure Dates for 2023-24
Move-Out Dates and Times
|Fall 2023||Students not on-campus for winter break||12PM on Wednesday December 19, 2023|
|Spring 2024||Students not graduating||12PM on Friday May 3, 2024|
|Graduating Seniors||12pm on Sunday, May 5, 2024|
Fall 2023 24-Hour Quiet Hours begin on Wednesday, December 13th at 10PM Until Tuesday, December 19 at 12PM!
Are moving off campus at the end of Fall 2023?
You must follow the following steps:
Update your mailing address
- Instructions are listed below
Sign up for a move-out appointment
- Every residential area will have their own appointment system. Ask your RA or AD for your area’s sign up link.
- Follow specific sign-up instructions provided by the Area Director for your building
- Failure to sign-up and complete a check-out may result in charges
Clean your room and remove all personal items before your inspection.
- Details for cleaning your room are listed below.
Complete the inspection with a Resident Advisor and hand off your key to them
- If you are leaving after hours, there is a key drop box located in your building.
- Exit your space
Are you transitioning into a temporary winter break housing stay?
- More information about transitioning into a winter break stay will be shared later in the semester.
Are you moving to a summer space on campus?
- If you have a Spring 2024 booking and sign up for Summer 2024 housing starting with week 1, you will remain in your spring assignment until the weekend of May 11th. On May 11th or 12th, you will be able to collect your summer assignment key, make your room move, and complete a vacate inspection.
- You will not be able to use carts to move across campus - plan accordingly to get your belongings across campus.
- If you are staying in your current assignment for summer, you are not required to check-out of your spring room.
Change Your Mailing Address
It is your responsibility to update your mailing address via Webadvisor before you vacate for the summer. To complete this:
- Log in to WebAdvisor
- Click on Students, then on Emergency Contact Information.
- After entering the appropriate contact information, click Update/Verify to complete the entry.
Sign Up For a Room Inspection
- SIGN UP for an inspection no later than Friday, April 28 at 12 PM
Sign Ups are area specific. Please contract your Area Director or RA for your inspection sign up link.
- Follow specific sign-up instructions provided by the Area Director for your building.
- Failure to sign-up and complete a check-out may result in charges.
- COMPLETE your room inspection with an RA.
Clean Your Room
- Walls, doors, and ceilings should be free of dirt, grease, spots, finger marks and pen marks
- Remove all decals, stickers, tape, tacks, nails, glue, etc. Do not spackle or patch holes
- Windows should be cleaned on the inside only with window cleaner
- Surface areas must be dusted and wiped down
- Flatten all boxes before bringing them to the floor trash room
- Clean all areas immediately outside of your room, such as chalkboards, and clear any personal belongings
- Do not leave items in the hallway, lounge, kitchens, bathrooms, stairwells or other common areas
- ALL items should be removed from bathroom
- Hartzfeld Suite and Apartment bathrooms should also be cleaned of any buildup of soap scum, mold, mildew, etc.
Prepare For Your Inspection
- Remove all of your personal items from the room
Clean all spaces in the room
- Including Suite/Apartment Bathrooms and Apartment Kitchens
- Remove all posters, tacks, and tape from the walls
- Check for mail and packages prior to departing
- Close your windows & blinds
- Return furnishings to their original configuration. All original furnishings and accessories must be present.
- Smoke detectors must be intact and in operating condition
- All locks, lights, drawers, window pulls, etc. must be working
- For items that need to be repaired fill out a work order prior to your room inspection
The following at minimum will result in a charge to your housing account:
- Not removing all personal belongings from space
- Not following cleaning guidelines for move out
- Not resetting furniture back to original setup
- Not following proper checkout procedures
- Not scheduling room inspection (by deadline or at all), late/unprepared for inspection, rescheduled inspection within 24 hours, did not checkout by deadline, did not complete inspection with Campus Living staff
Donation locations will be located near several resident halls and volunteers will be stationed near these bins to assist you in properly sorting your things.
- Dates and Times TBD
- Donate & Swap also available in Tamarack - Dates and times TBD
You can donate:
- Non-Perishable Canned or Boxed Food
- Bedding (not mattress toppers)
- Books and School Supplies
- Clothing (Including Shoes & Accessories)
- Housewares & Cleaning Supplies
- Appliances & Electronics
- Sporting Goods
- Toiletries and Hygiene Products
You CANNOT donate
- mattress toppers
TRASH & RECYCLING
Large dumpsters for move-out trash and recycling for our building can be found starting April 28 in the following locations:
- North of Stewart hall
- In the parking lot west of Spruce hall
- In the parking lot south of Manzanita hall
- In the parking lot south of Hartzfeld
- On S. Residence Hall Dr., north of West hall and Roberts Hall
- In the parking lot east of East Hall on S. Service Dr.
- South of Platt Hall in parking area West of Copeland Hall
- North of Platt Hall and south of Howard Hall
- West of Howard Hall in the Howard parking lot