Holistic Wellness LLC
New students will apply here. This application is for incoming students and continuing students new to Holistic Wellness.
(If you cannot access the application above, a PDF will be made available. Please email email@example.com. Return the completed form to Campus Living by mail, email, or fax.)
Returning Holistic Wellness residents will complete a reflection application.
The Holistic Wellness Living-Learning Community in Stewart Hall values mindful lifestyles and conscientious decision-making.
- We co-create a supportive environment that cares for the mind, body, and spirit to fulfill academic and personal potential.
- We foster a community of respect wherein we honor space and boundaries.
- We empower authenticity and inclusivity of personal wellness goals that prioritize balance and well-being.
- We prioritize the betterment of the individual, the community, and the College.
The Holistic Wellness Living-Learning Community is cultivated through an on-going partnership with the Office of Religious and Spiritual Life and is housed in Stewart Hall.
1. Acquiring a working familiarity with the nine areas of wellness (Strategic Plan For Wellness, 2013) and identifying at least one suggested activity from each area to integrate into your own wellness practices.
2. Identifying holistic wellness “strengths” and “weaknesses” in your own life, and developing a plan for addressing the areas where you want to experience additional grow in terms of wellness.
- Meditation: nurturing holistic wellness through the contemplative spiritual practice of mindfulness meditation.
- Volunteer service and reflection: nurturing holistic wellness through off-campus service opportunities and subsequent reflection on this service to others.
- Exercise and nutrition planning: nurturing holistic wellness through physical exercise and diet/eating habits (perhaps with the help of a physical trainer and nutritionist as a consultant).
- Stress reduction: nurturing holistic wellness through stress reduction and conflict resolution education.
- Relationship building: nurturing holistic wellness through an interpersonal communication enhancement workshop.
Note: this is an idea of what programming may look like, and is not meant to be inclusive of all Holistic Wellness programming.
Area Director: Brendan Brunner
Campus Partner: Religious and Spiritual Life