Social Change LLC
The Social Change Living Learning Community is a gathering place for residents of all backgrounds and identities. In this community we seek to foster connection, engage in self-reflection, and participate in ongoing dialogue surrounding inclusion, equity, advocacy, and community change through service. We collaborate to enrich our collective Lewis & Clark experiences as follows:
- We prioritize listening to underrepresented voices and perspectives.
- We encourage growth through self-reflection, awareness of identities, and an understanding of shared and individual experiences as we exist within complex systems.
- We partner with organizations that have shared goals of social progress through advocacy and service both within the Lewis and Clark community and the Greater Portland Metro area.
- We examine our roles in the co-creation of an inclusive, accepting, and pluralistic society.
As a result of living in the Social Change LLC, students will:
- explore multiple ways of being and knowing
- be empowered to create changes they want to see in their communities
- develop strategies to dialogue across difference
- receive mentorship and engage in intentional programming by peer staff (RAs) who have a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The Social Change Living-Learning Community is housed in Akin Hall and is cultivated through an on-going partnership with the Office of Inclusion & Multicultural Engagement as well as the Center for Social Change and Community Involvement.
Area Director: Hannah Machado
Campus Partners: Inclusion and Multicultural Engagement, Joann Zhang, Director