Graduate/Law School Housing

Updated 5/1/2021

We are no longer accepting any additional requests for Graduate/Law Housing for the 2021-22 Academic Year. Here are some additional resources for finding off-campus housing. 

If you have any questions, please email

PLEASE NOTE:  For the past several years, we have reached full occupancy by early-April.  If you’re interested in pursuing this opportunity, we encourage you to apply early.  

On-campus living is convenient.

Living on-campus provides you with close access to all of your classes, study groups, and the academic environment.  Residence halls are located on the College of Arts and Sciences undergraduate campus and are within a short walking distance to both the graduate and law campuses.

It’s easy to get from campus to other places in town as well.  The FREE Pioneer Express shuttle conveniently runs between campus and downtown Portland as well as to Fred Meyer, the local one-stop shopping center.  Trimet, Portland’s bus service, stops regularly on campus and runs to locations in the southwest and downtown areas.  The campus also offers rental access to on-site Zipcars.

Living on campus also puts you close to our dining venues where you can have a healthy and delicious meal prepared for you or simply grab a snack or coffee on your way to and from class.  Maggie’s Cafe in Roberts Hall is open from noon until midnight for snack items and coffee. 

On-campus living provides added amenities.

Room rent for a single room ($4,491*/semester) includes electricity, heat, garbage disposal, recycling, wireless network access, and free laundry. The College supplies an extra-long twin bed, desk, desk chair, 3-drawer dresser stack, wardrobe for hanging clothes plus a wastebasket, and recycle bin.

The Holmes Grad/Law pod has a common study space and a kitchen, located in the Grad/Law pod, and laundry facilities, recreational equipment, and coin-operated snack machines shared with undergraduate residents.  Additionally, and in close proximity to Holmes Hall, the residence halls also feature a convenience store, coffee shop, recreation/exercise space and a Student Art Center which includes a dark room, ceramics studio, areas for painting/drawing and a sound isolation room for music practice and a dance floor for practice/performance space.

Campus residents are also eligible to sign up for a meal plan, though it is not required of graduate and law students. You may choose from among six meal plans; four of which include flex points. Flex is value, placed on your student ID card, which you can use like a declining balance. More on meal plans can be found here.