We provide a wide variety of music performance and academic courses that are open to music majors, music minors, or simply music lovers. Our faculty are distinguished performers, composers, and musicologists who provide rich and rigorous coursework for all students at Lewis & Clark, from professionally-oriented students preparing for careers in music to dedicated non-majors who want to continue their musical studies. We foster a collaborative sense of community that makes our students refer to the music department as a family. Our aim is to prepare students for further musical study, careers in music, and global citizenry. We take pride in our ability to offer all our students the opportunity for an outstanding musical education full of growth and joy.
- <img class="hero_image_placeholder" src="/live/image/gid/296/width/1600/height/470/crop/1/81038_TEX_Acrylic4_detail1_2000x1000px.rev.1572366017.jpg" alt="Hero image"/>
- <img class="hero_image_placeholder" src="/live/image/gid/296/width/1600/height/470/crop/1/81036_TEX_Acrylic2_detail1_2000x1000px.rev.1572366016.jpg" alt="Hero image"/>
- <img class="hero_image_placeholder" src="/live/image/gid/296/width/1600/height/470/crop/1/81035_TEX_Acrylic1_detail1_2000x1000px.rev.1572366015.jpg" alt="Hero image"/>
- <img class="hero_image_placeholder" src="/live/image/gid/296/width/1600/height/470/crop/1/80517_dept_texture-H-1897_1.rev.1569519653.jpg" alt="Hero image"/>
- <img class="hero_image_placeholder" src="/live/image/gid/296/width/1600/height/470/crop/1/81037_TEX_Acrylic3_detail1_2000x1000px.rev.1572366016.jpg" alt="Hero image"/>
- <img class="hero_image_placeholder" src="/live/image/gid/296/width/1600/height/470/crop/1/81040_TEX_Chalk1_detail2_2000x1000px.rev.1572366017.jpg" alt="Hero image"/>
No one can give you a better sense of what it’s really like to study Music at Lewis & Clark than our current students and recent alumni.
News and Events
Once-a week “choir music enrichment” session via Zoom.
The Oregon Community Foundation has awarded the Resonance Ensemble $100,000 to enable them to pursue an ambitious collaboration with the Oregon Symphony and several independent artists to put on the world premiere of Damien Geter’s An African American Requiem. Lewis & Clark’s Associate Professor of Music and Director of Choral Activities Katherine FitzGibbon serves as Resonance Ensemble’s Artistic Director.
Eleonora Beck, James W. Rogers Professor of Music, recently published her third book, Boccaccio and the Invention of Musical Narrative, with European Press Academic Publishing.