- Academic English Studies (ESL)
- Asian Studies
- Biochemistry/Molecular Biology
- Environmental Studies
- Ethnic Studies
- Exploration and Discovery
- French Studies
- Gender Studies
- German Studies
- Health Professions
- Hispanic Studies
- International Affairs
- Latin American Studies
- Mathematics/Computer Science
- Political Economy
- Political Science
- Religious Studies
- Rhetoric and Media Studies (formerly Communication)
- Sociology and Anthropology
- World Languages
The choral music program at Lewis & Clark seeks to provide students with high-level choral singing experiences that enhance their understanding of vocal technique, choral methods, and music history through performing literature from many stylistic periods and countries. Best of all, the students who comprise the choral program are energetic, dedicated, and enthusiastic, and have a wonderful time singing together.
Lewis & Clark choirs have toured nationally and internationally and been invited to perform at choral music conferences. (Click HERE for an article about Cappella Nova’s 2013 tour of Egypt and HERE for an article about Cappella Nova’s 2015 tour of Hawaii!) The choral program is rapidly gaining a reputation as one of the finest liberal arts choral programs in the country, with wide-ranging repertoire that challenges and inspires the students.
There are several different choirs available at Lewis & Clark. All choirs are single-credit courses with no prerequisites other than a (painless!) audition with the director.
- Cappella Nova is Lewis & Clark’s premier mixed choir, performing music from all eras and major choral works with orchestra, both on campus and on domestic and international tours. Rehearsals are Mondays and Wednesdays from 4:30-6:00 p.m. Director: Katherine FitzGibbon.
- Voces Auream performs some of the exceptional music available for treble voices, from powerful world music to newly composed works. Rehearsals are Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5:00-6:30 p.m. Director: Brandon Brack.
- The symphonic-sized Community Chorale is open to undergraduates, graduate and law students, faculty, staff, alumni, and community members. Rehearsals are Tuesday evenings from 7-9:30 p.m. Director: Katherine FitzGibbon.
Student vocalists, regardless of major, have the opportunity to study voice privately, take part in opera and musical theater workshops and performances, and take courses in vocal pedagogy and vocal literature. There are music scholarships available for singers. Please see the scholarship page for more information.
For new students arriving at Lewis & Clark, please plan to attend the Choir and Voice Meet-and-Greet on Tuesday, September 4, 2018, at 5:00 p.m. in Evans Auditorium. We will answer questions about the choir and voice program, and pizza will be served! You’ll sign up for an audition time during the first week of classes, and you and Kathy will discuss which choir would be the best fit. Then, you’ll register for that choir following your audition.