At Lewis & Clark, you will discover new ways to identify problems, formulate solutions, and lead the implementation of those solutions. The Bates Center offers academic coursework, programming, and networking events that help you apply what you learn in the classroom to make a meaningful impact.
- Classes, such as Design Thinking, Implementing Innovation, Leadership, Technologies of the Future, and more.
- Winterim, an immersive entrepreneurship week culminating in a student pitch competition.
- Seed Grant Fund, money for qualifying students to launch their entrepreneurial endeavors.
- Lunch With a Leader, a series of on-campus lunches with successful entrepreneurs and industry leaders.
- Workshops, on unique topics, including personal financial literacy, productivity, decision making, and networking.
DISCOVER - COLLABORATE - INNOVATE - TRANSFORM
Portland leaders and employers love liberal arts students.
Portland, Oregon is a dynamic, progressive city full of exciting internship and employment opportunities. The Bates Center’s courses and programming can help you connect directly with Portland business leaders who understand the value of a liberal arts education. And when you graduate, you will find that the Lewis & Clark network extends far beyond the Pacific Northwest.
The Bates Center offers courses and programs that develop the fundamental traits of leaders and innovators:
- Critical thinking
- Problem solving
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to make connections across disciplines
- Social and emotional intelligence
- Strong ethics
- Ability to collaborate
- Relentless inquisitiveness