Kenneth H. Pierce Faculty Fellowship for Entrepreneurship and Innovation
Lewis & Clark seeks $500,000 to establish the Kenneth H. Pierce Faculty Fellowship for Entrepreneurship and Innovation in the College of Arts and Sciences. As a member of the faculty, Ken Pierce inspired his students and colleagues through his restless and robust intellect, charismatic personality, and visionary leadership. He never settled for the ordinary.
This drive to go beyond convention also powers students and faculty in our Center for Entrepreneurship. Investing in this faculty fellowship is your opportunity to shape the future, strengthen the college’s ability to secure a leading scholar in the field, and extend Ken Pierce’s legacy to new generations of bold thinkers and problem solvers.
The Kenneth H. Pierce Faculty Fellowship for Entrepreneurship and Innovation will:
- Develop and teach introductory and advanced courses in entrepreneurship and innovation.
- Direct an interdisciplinary group of faculty members as they offer additional courses in this discipline.
- Develop and lead cocurricular entrepreneurial activities for students.
- Ensure Lewis & Clark College’s position as a leader in the field of entrepreneurship and innovation among liberal arts colleges.
- Serve as a resource to entrepreneurs within Lewis & Clark, Portland, and beyond.
Supporting faculty and their work is of paramount importance to Lewis & Clark. One of the most valuable ways to invest in the people who pursue new ideas is to endow a faculty fellowship. An endowment of $500,000 will not only provide salary in perpetuity for this critical position, but also will honor and carry on Ken Pierce’s entrepreneurial leadership and pragmatic vision.