The Educational & the Portland Focus
The Circular Innovation Challenge is a week-long challenge for high school students interested in building a more circular future.
This challenge will take place from Sunday, July 23rd through Friday, July 28th on the beautiful Lewis & Clark campus in Portland, Oregon. The program approaches entrepreneurship education for high school students in a unique way, by putting the following principles into practice:
The Educational Focus
- Processes for ideation, systems thinking, and business development need to be practiced, not just taught.
- Experience problem-solving for a better future.
- Introduction the the applications of the circular economy.
- Introduction to a diverse range of innovation leaders in the industry.
- Connections matter. Students will have dedicated time to connect with each other, college student leaders, speakers, and mentors.
The Portland Focus
- Immersive Lewis & Clark College campus & dorm experience for prospective students.
- Networking connections with Industry leaders across Portland and surrounding areas.
- Experience Portland classics: Food trucks, Willamette River, Hiking, etc.
- Connections with past, current & future students at Lewis & Clark College.
- Connections with professors and staff on campus.
- Field trip to the Nike campus to meet with their circular footwear team, along with other Portland-based industry leaders.
Learn more about Portland