Computer Science Major
The Computer Science Major
This option complements our existing Mathematics and CSMT (Computer Science and Mathematics) majors. While many students are well served by the existing CS/Math hybrid major, we recognize that some students will prefer a more traditional CS major with more CS classes and fewer math classes.
Major Requirements for the Computer Science Major:
- CS 171: Computer Science I
- CS 172: Computer Science II
- CS 230: Computational Mathematics
Or Math 132: Calculus II
- CS 277: Computer Architecture and Assembly Languages
Or CS 293: Networks and Web Development
- CS 383: Algorithm Design and Analysis
- CS 488: Software Development
- MATH 255: Statistical Concepts and Methods
And 4 other computer science classes (16 credits total) numbered 200 or above. Currently, these courses are:
- CS 211: Computer and Network Security
- CS 367: Computer Graphics
- CS 369: Artificial Intelligence
- CS 373: Programming Language Structures
- CS 465: Theory of Computation
- CS 467: Advanced Computer Graphics
- CS 495: Topics in Computer Science
See the College Catalog for a description of the courses and our other two majors.
For questions, contact the Mathematical Sciences Dept.