- Academic English Studies (ESL)
- Biochemistry/Molecular Biology
- East Asian Studies
- Environmental Studies
- Ethnic Studies
- Exploration and Discovery
- Foreign Languages
- French Studies
- Gender Studies
- German Studies
- Health Professions
- Hispanic Studies
- International Affairs
- Latin American Studies
- Mathematics/Computer Science
- Political Economy
- Political Science
- Religious Studies
- Rhetoric and Media Studies (formerly Communication)
- Sociology and Anthropology
The Symbolic and Quantitative Resource Center is an informal and free resource for all Lewis & Clark students. You can come to the SQRC for help with math, chemistry, and physics, as well as any other course with a quantitative component such as statistics, computer science, economics, and quantitative research methods. Friendly peer tutors, recommended by their professors, will assist you while you are working on your homework, studying for an exam, working in a study group, using computing software to work with data or mathematics, and more!
We are dedicated to support and enrich your class work, but not to replace your professor or to do your work for you. We may not have all the answers, but we can point you in the right direction.
Location and Hours
The Center will Close at 5pm on Thursday, April 30
CLOSED - May 1, 2, 3
Monday, May 4: open 10:30am - 5pm, and 6 - 10 pm
Tuesday, May 5: open 10:30am - 5pm, and 6 - 10 pm
Wednesday, May 6: open 10:30am - 5pm, and 6 - 10 pm
The SQRC is located in JR Howard Hall, Room 134.
Spring Term hours are posted below.
The hours below are times that the center is normally open. You are guaranteed to find a math tutor any time the center is open; the schedule for tutors with other specialities varies. For a more detailed schedule, including subject specialty, click here, or see the Drop-In Hours schedule just below this table.
|Sunday||Monday & Wednesday||Tuesday & Thursday||Friday||Saturday|
2:00 PM- 5:00 PM
|10:15 AM- 5:00 PM||11:15 AM- 5:00 PM||10:15 AM - 1:30 PM||CLOSED|
6:00 PM - 10:00 PM
6:00 PM - 10:00 PM
|6:00 PM - 10:00 PM||CLOSED at 1:30|
SP15 Drop-in Hours Detailed Schedule
The calendar below shows the SQRC hours broken down by subject.
- Note: If the SQRC is open, there is a math tutor there. All math tutors can help with 100 level courses, most math tutors can help with all 200 level courses as well.
- Many Math tutors can help with intro Physics and CS
- Econ tutors can generally help with statistics and statistical software
- For a detailed list of individual CHEM tutors and their hours, click here.
- For a detailed list of all other tutors and their hours, click here.