Chinese Placement Exam
The online Chinese proficiency test for incoming students (first year and transfer) will be open from May 12th, 2022 until August 24th, 2022.
The test takes up to 100 minutes, so please plan accordingly.
You are encouraged to take the exam by July 15, which will help you and your advisor plan your fall semester courses prior to registration on August 1 and August 3, 2022.
The Chinese proficiency test is required of all students wishing to place into language classes above first-year (101) Chinese. If you will be taking CHIN 101, you do not need to take the exam. We wish to put you in the class that will be best suited to your abilities and motivation, so it is highly recommended that you meet with a Chinese instructor during NSO, no matter your placement on the online exam.
If you place into CHIN 202 or higher (and thus satisfy the College’s Foreign Language requirement), you are required to have an in-person follow-up meeting with a Chinese instructor to verify your results.
Please see the World Languages Placement Exam Webpage for more information.
Accessing the Exam
The exam is available online for incoming students 5/12 - 8/23/2022. You are encouraged to take the exam by July 15th.
- Chrome is the preferred Internet Browser to access the exam, but any browser would work.
- The test is in our course management system, Moodle. You will log in to Moodle using your Lewis & Clark username and password.
- Your username is the first part of your LC email address up to the @. If you don’t have an LC email yet, create it by going to Account Management and selecting Create LC Account.
- If you don’t know your password, you can reset it by going to Account Management and selecting Reset Password.
- Questions about your LC account? Call the IT Service Desk at 503-768-7225 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
After you log in to Moodle, you will be asked if you wish to enroll in this course. Click “Yes.”
Read the additional information and click on the Attempt Quiz Now button at the bottom. The same page of instructions will show up again because it is important that you read all the instructions before taking the test!
Go to Chinese Placement Exam
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have any questions about the exam that are not addressed in the FAQ above, please contact Prof. Keith Dede at email@example.com.