Upon graduation, chemistry majors at Lewis & Clark College will be able to:
- Understand the core concepts of organic, inorganic, and physical chemistry.
- Demonstrate knowledge in one or more sub-disciplines of chemistry (such as biochemistry, chemical instrumentation, materials, and aquatic chemistry)
- Work safely in the laboratory
- Show competence in using standard chemistry equipment and instrumentation.
- Apply critical thinking skills to solve chemical problems.
- Collect, transform, and interpret numerical data.
- Communicate scientific results and information in oral, written, and graphical formats.
- Effectively engage with the chemical literature, develop hypotheses to address chemical questions, and design experiments to test those questions.
- Develop the knowledge and skills for success in employment or graduate training in chemistry, biochemistry, or related fields.