Applying to Graduate School
At the beginning of your senior year at Lewis & Clark, you will submit application materials to the Graduate School of Education and Counseling by October 1. This will include an interview with the Teacher Education faculty, and submission of the following materials:
- Graduate School of Education and Counseling application form. (The application fee is waived for CAS students.)
- Required Secondary Essays or Elementary-Multiple Subjects essays. Find the essay prompts by going to our website: http://graduate.lclark.edu/offices/admissions/
- A current resume
- Three letters of recommendations: one from an undergraduate education instructor, one from a teacher or administrator at one of the schools where you have volunteered, and one from a CAS faculty member in your major.
- Official copies of transcripts from any other college attended. (We do not have access to your undergraduate record.)
- Elementary-Multiple Subjects Supplemental Form (if applying to MAT Elementary-Multiple Subjects program.)
If you complete the benchmarks and receive a positive assessment of your final application materials, you will be notified of an admissions decision into the master’s program by November 1 of your senior year. Note: Scholarship and financial aid decisions will be made in March of your senior year.