Students will demonstrate critical thinking skills by analyzing, synthesizing, and evaluating multiple sources to make an historical argument.
- Students will learn research skills using a variety of sources both on-line and in print.
- Students will develop the ability to assess and engage historiography and to historicize the production of historical knowledge.
- Students will write an original work of scholarship that utilizes both primary sources and secondary literature.
- Students will develop expertise that is both geographically broad (Asia, Europe and the Americas) and temporally deep (pre-modern and modern).
- Students will develop an ability to convey historical knowledge and analysis both orally and in writing.