Time to apply! Below you will find a detailed list of application steps. Make sure you complete your application before the due date.
All application materials are due by 4 PM on the deadline.
Fall/Full Year Programs
October 26, 2015
February 8, 2016
Applications will not be accepted after the deadline OR once 40 applications for a specific program have been submitted, whichever comes first. Up to 25 students are admitted per program
Part A: Online
1. “APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION” FORM
Before you fill out this form you will need to know: passport information (if you don’t have a passport leave it blank), birth place, parent/guardian info, emergency contact, and academic information. Filling out the form will take about 30-45 minutes, and you cannot save and return to the application, so make sure you do it in one sitting!
- Clicking the APPLY NOW button will bring you to the Application for Admission form, as well as the essay questions. Fill out the Application for Admission form, and hit submit!
- After you submit you will be taken to a page with the Essay Questions and the Contract Form. Download these!
- Press “Close” before leaving the page.
2. ESSAY FORM
- Download the essay questions from the same page you filled out the last form.
- Draft your responses to the questions in a word document, to avoid the Essay Form timing you out. Also make sure you pay attention to word count.
- Copy and paste your answers into the essay form and submit!
3. THREE REFERENCES
- You will need two Academic References and one Personal Reference.
- Email your references. Make sure you include your selected program, semester, LC ID Number and THIS LINK.
- ACADEMIC: Professors and advisers make great references, choose someone who knows you well. Transfer/First Year students may get references from previous institution/high school.
- PERSONAL: Personal recommendations can be from anyone who isn’t a family member; examples include: employer, co-Worker, RA, roommate, etc.
Part B: MATERIALS
1. CONTRACT FORM
- You will find this form on the page that pops up after you submit your Application for Admission Form.
- Fill out the fields electronically, and then print it, sign it, and bring it to your adviser.
- Once your adviser has signed it, bring the form to us at the Overseas Office in Albany 206!
2. PASSPORT PHOTOS
- Passport Photos are 2x2 pictures of you that you will have taken in the Resource Lab in the basement of Watzek. These are used for application and visa purposes. Your print balance can be applied to purchasing these!
RESOURCE LAB PASSPORT PHOTO HOURS: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 2 pm - 4 pm
- Bring the sheet of pictures to our office (Albany 206), where you can cut them out and write your name, program, and semester of program on the back! You may also cut them out and write on the backs before bringing them to our office. Use a sharpie so your information is readable.
3. TRANSCRIPT SCREENSHOT
- Take a screenshot of your transcript from webadvisor and email it to us at email@example.com.
- *MUNICH PROGRAM APPLICANTS: You are required to submit an official transcript instead of a transcript screenshot. Request this from the registrar, it will cost $5. Additionally, if you are a non-LC Munich Applicant, feel free to mail us your transcript, 10 passport photos, and your contract form to our office.
Do I need a Passport to apply?
Technically, no. HOWEVER, if you are accepted, we do ask for a scan of your passport 30 days after acceptance. Therefore, it’s a good idea to get started on the passport process right away. (If you already have a passport, note that the passport needs to be valid through 6 months following the end of the program!)
Applying to More Than One Program
You can only apply to one program per semester. If you submit more than one application, the applications will not be processed. If you are not selected for your first choice program you will have the opportunity to transfer your application to a program that is still accepting applications.
**If you are interested in applying to two programs in consecutive semesters, please contact the Overseas & Off-Campus Programs office for information. Admission to more than one program in consecutive semesters is not guaranteed.**
If you are applying to a program administered by a third-party provider or partner university, the application has a two-step process. If admitted to a program by Lewis & Clark, you will also submit an application to the program provider. Please save your essay responses so that you can re-use them for your provider application.
In order to participate in the interview process, your file must be complete (including receipt of references). You will be contacted via Moodle or email to schedule your interview once the deadline has been met or 40 applications have been received (whichever comes first). The interview will be conducted by the program leader and/or members of the office of Overseas & Off-Campus Programs.
The Decision Selection is determined by the program leader in close consultation with the Overseas & Off-Campus Programs Office. Notification of final decisions is sent through email prior to posting on the office bulletin board. Most programs accept an initial group of up to approximately 25 students.