Located at the heart of the undergraduate campus, Lewis & Clark’s Watzek Library is an ideal setting for research, study and collaboration. Serving undergraduate and graduate students, Watzek provides rich collections of print and electronic resources and friendly librarians to help students with their research projects. The Boley Law Library serves the Law School and is a center of legal information for the region.
Lewis & Clark’s libraries subscribe to thousands of electronic journals, books, research databases, primary sources and data sets that take research far beyond a Google search. But even if the article or book you need is not readily available, the libraries can get it for you fast.
Librarians work with students to help navigate an increasingly complex information universe. At Watzek, you can connect up with one by visiting the reference desk, setting up a consultation, or meeting one through an in-class instruction session.
Things to love about Watzek Library:
Open 24 hours Sunday-Thursday
Comfy furniture, serene views, and even a fireplace
Small library feeling with research library access via consortial collections and the Summit catalog
Exciting events like a rock concert and finals week study breaks featuring massages and dog therapy
- Amazing Special Collections that include a medieval illuminated manuscript, early maps of Western exploration, the daily writings of poet laureate William Stafford, and much more
Visit the Watzek Library website to access Watzek Library collections and services.
Visit the Boley Law Library website to access Boley Library collections and services.
- WatzekLibrary: This is my shocked face! #BannedBooks #BannedBooksWeek #rebelreader #bannedbooksweek2017 https://t.co/NszJzDnu68
- WatzekLibrary: Someone sprinkled love notes around @WatzekLibrary! #yougotthis #youareloved https://t.co/wfUZdB0tdl
- WatzekLibrary: Nifty nifty, look who’s 50! https://t.co/lcsnGdvS11 https://t.co/fXlecZ1n6A
- WatzekLibrary: Up for a challenge? Read banned books! #BannedBooks #BannedBooksWeek #bannedbooksweek2017 #RebelReader https://t.co/EAUTZhL0mA
- WatzekLibrary: Check out our latest Diversion Display! #HispanicHeritageMonth https://t.co/HzRTrbflKK
Explore college history in the Lewis & Clark at 150: The “Cinderella College” exhibition on display in the Aubrey R. Watzek Library atrium.
We are so excited about our new GAME COLLECTION! Grab some friends and come play.
Our new Diversions Display in the atrium is but a drop in the bucket of books written by our wonderful faculty.
Check it out!
Check out the exhibit on the library’s 3rd floor near the L stacks to find out!
October 20th, 2017
5:00pm - 6:30pm:
Happy Anniversary Watzek Library!
You are cordially invited to attend the Aubrey R. Watzek Library’s 50th Anniversary Celebration on October 20th from 5-6:30 p.m. in the Watzek Library Atrium.
November 2nd, 2017
6:00pm - 8:00pm:
Natural History Books Reception
Please join Watzek Special Collections on Thursday, November 2 at 6:00 pm in the Diane Gregg Pavilion for a lecture and reception to celebrate our new access to an impressive collection of natural history books. PSU Professor Richard Beyler will speak of the importance of these rare volumes.