Located at the heart of the undergraduate campus, Lewis & Clark’s Watzek Library is an ideal setting for research, study and collaboration. Serving undergraduate and graduate students, Watzek provides rich collections of print and electronic resources and friendly librarians to help students with their research projects. The Boley Law Library serves the Law School and is a center of legal information for the region.
Lewis & Clark’s libraries subscribe to thousands of electronic journals, books, research databases, primary sources and data sets that take research far beyond a Google search. But even if the article or book you need is not readily available, the libraries can get it for you fast.
Librarians work with students to help navigate an increasingly complex information universe. At Watzek, you can connect up with one by visiting the reference desk, setting up a consultation, or meeting one through an in-class instruction session.
Things to love about Watzek Library:
Open 24 hours Sunday-Thursday
Comfy furniture, serene views, and even a fireplace
Small library feeling with research library access via consortial collections and the Summit catalog
Exciting events like a rock concert and finals week study breaks featuring massages and dog therapy
- Amazing Special Collections that include a medieval illuminated manuscript, early maps of Western exploration, the daily writings of poet laureate William Stafford, and much more
Visit the Watzek Library website to access Watzek Library collections and services.
Visit the Boley Law Library website to access Boley Library collections and services.
- WatzekLibrary: RT @lclarkit: We are currently investigating reports of network outages in Templeton and @WatzekLibrary computer lab.
- WatzekLibrary: MT @lewisandclark: Starting right now, we’re open around the clock til Wednesday, Dec. 17 at 6 PM!
- WatzekLibrary: #happyholidays #bookart http://t.co/TkStxn5EGG http://t.co/lYzJcCWlz4
- WatzekLibrary: In 1hr 41min dogs will be waiting for your cuddles in the library. #dogtherapy #watzekrecess #huzzah
- WatzekLibrary: Stress of Reading Days getting you down? Come to the library classroom tonight at 8 for Watzek Recess! @lewisandclark http://t.co/jNafFHITMn
Watzek Library will be closed Wednesday, December 24 through Sunday, January 4 for the holiday break. Happy holidays from all of us at Watzek Library! For complete information on our reduced hours during the rest of the winter break, please see this page.
Caleb Dahl (LC ’17) caught up with Watzek’s Assistant Archivist, Zach Selley, about the library’s most remarkable resources. Selley routinely points both seasoned writers and Lewis & Clark first-years to the countless historical photographs, journals, and illustrations in Watzek’s special collections and archives.
Watzek Library will close Wednesday, November 26, at 5 p.m. and will reopen Saturday, November 29, at 11 a.m. Gobble Gobble and best wishes for the holiday!
December 21st, 2014
Exhibit: Color Theory, Albers to Itten
Watzek’s Special Collections and Visual Resources Center are pleased to announce a new exhibit on Color Theory, as displayed through Special Collections holdings from the Josef Albers’ 1963 classic tome, The Interaction of Color. Stop by the 3rd floor of Watzek to see three silkscreened teaching cards from this rare original as well as works by LC faculty Debra Beers and Cara Tomlinson.until January 31, 2015