Located at the heart of the undergraduate campus, Lewis & Clark’s Watzek Library is an ideal setting for research, study and collaboration. Serving undergraduate and graduate students, Watzek provides rich collections of print and electronic resources and friendly librarians to help students with their research projects. The Boley Law Library serves the Law School and is a center of legal information for the region.
Lewis & Clark’s libraries subscribe to thousands of electronic journals, books, research databases, primary sources and data sets that take research far beyond a Google search. But even if the article or book you need is not readily available, the libraries can get it for you fast.
Librarians work with students to help navigate an increasingly complex information universe. At Watzek, you can connect up with one by visiting the reference desk, setting up a consultation, or meeting one through an in-class instruction session.
Things to love about Watzek Library:
Open 24 hours Sunday-Thursday
Comfy furniture, serene views, and even a fireplace
Small library feeling with research library access via consortial collections and the Summit catalog
Exciting events like a rock concert and finals week study breaks featuring massages and dog therapy
- Amazing Special Collections that include a medieval illuminated manuscript, early maps of Western exploration, the daily writings of poet laureate William Stafford, and much more
Visit the Watzek Library website to access Watzek Library collections and services.
Visit the Boley Law Library website to access Boley Library collections and services.
- WatzekLibrary: TONIGHT! Watzek Recess!!! Take a break and enjoy virtual reality and a silent dance party! Brought to you by Watze… https://t.co/YDKJV7qzcV
- WatzekLibrary: Watzek is getting a #librarytree in our Atrium! Isn’t that exciting?! Help fund it with a nifty tote!… https://t.co/zXtbZJXKcm
- WatzekLibrary: Watzek Recess THURSDAY 12/14, 8-10pm!!! Games, movies, coffee, snacks in the Classroom!!! Therapy dogs in the TV… https://t.co/foJKj27kOL
- WatzekLibrary: Watzek Recess WEDNESDAY 12/13!! Silent Dance Party 8-10pm in the Atrium!! Virtual Reality 6-10pm in the TV Studio… https://t.co/HET2M2JH8P
- WatzekLibrary: We will be open 24 hours/day from now through 9pm on Tuesday 12/19. Happy studying and good luck! https://t.co/YXtihIFgrV
Watzek Library will be open 24 hours a day starting at 9 a.m. on Sunday, December 10th through 9 p.m. on Tuesday, December 19. Happy studying and good luck! You’ve got this!
Did you know that indoor plants reduce anxiety and promote feelings of friendliness? Help us welcome a tree into the library atrium by purchasing a handmade tote at the Library Service Desk ($10 cash only) - all proceeds go towards the purchase of a tree.
Watzek Library will close for Thanksgiving Break at 5 pm on Wednesday, November 22 and will resume regular hours Saturday, November 25 at 11 am. Enjoy your holiday!
Interested in learning how to create herbarium specimens or just love pressing plants? Hannah Machiorlete ’20 & Sami Zimmerman ’19 from Lewis & Clark’s Natural History Club will be hosting a plant pressing workshop in the library classroom on two Fridays in the coming weeks!
December 13th, 2017
8:00pm - 10:00pm:
Watzek Recess - Dec 13-14
Feeling stressed by finals? Join us for Watzek Recess December 13 & 14 from 8pm-10pm. To see what’s new this year click