- Academic English Studies (ESL)
- Asian Studies
- Biochemistry/Molecular Biology
- Environmental Studies
- Ethnic Studies
- Exploration and Discovery
- Foreign Languages
- French Studies
- Gender Studies
- German Studies
- Health Professions
- Hispanic Studies
- International Affairs
- Latin American Studies
- Mathematics/Computer Science
- Political Economy
- Political Science
- Religious Studies
- Rhetoric and Media Studies (formerly Communication)
- Sociology and Anthropology
Gender Studies is an interdisciplinary field that examines the biological, social and cultural construction of femininity, masculinity, sexuality and the ways we locate ourselves within gender systems. Interacting with factors such as race and class, gender structures the activities into which we enter in all aspects of life.
One of the highlights of the spring semester is the annual Gender Studies Symposium, organized by a committee of students, with support from faculty and staff.
October 3rd, 2016
Ethnic Studies Forum on General Education and Diversity
This forum will provide a space for discussing how we can accomplish the goal of prioritizing diversity in General Education.
• What do we mean by diversity?
• How can we guarantee that all students graduating from L&C grapple with issues of cultural difference and social power?
• Should exploring diversity be one of the goals of a core class like E & D?
October 5th, 2016
CALL FOR PROPOSALS-Gender Studies Symposium
36th Annual Gender Studies Symposium
Point of Access
We invite submissions for panel discussions, individual papers, interactive workshops, and artistic productions
Proposals due by 5 p.m
Friday, November 4, 2016