Academic Support and Resources
Lewis & Clark is committed to the academic success of every student. One of the many benefits of our personal approach to education is that we provide many resources to support students both in and outside of the classroom. The resources below are available to all undergraduate students during the 2021-2022 Academic Year, and nearly all of the resources can be accessed in person or by zoom/phone.
Research and Writing
- Watzek Librarians are available Monday through Friday for online or in person appointments. For up to date information about library services and hours, check this site
- The Writing Center in Watzek Library offers drop-in peer tutoring Sundays through Thursdays, 3-10 pm (beginning on Sunday, Jan. 30). Appointments with the director are also available from the start of classes. All tutoring sessions and appointments will be remote until the College returns to in-person instruction; after that, students may choose to visit us either in person or remotely. Please visit the Writing Center website for further information, to schedule an appointment, or to sign in for tutoring.
Advising and Accommodations
- College Advising Center (CAC) advisors are available Monday through Friday for appointments. Appointments are remote until the return to in-person instruction; after that, students may choose in-person or remote appointments. Click here to schedule an appointment with a CAC advisor.
- Schedule an appointment with the Office of Student Accessibility. Appointments are remote until the return to in-person instruction; after that, students may choose in-person or remote appointments.
- Schedule a zoom appointment with the Career Center.
- Zoom Drop-In Hours will begin the week of January 24.
- Visit the Career Center’s Resource Library for handouts and other digital resources related to resumes, cover letters, networking, interview, and other internship and job search skills.
- Login to Handshake to search for internships and jobs posted for Lewis & Clark students in Portland and beyond!
Interactive Learning Center (ILC) Language Practice and Homework Help
Language Assistants and peer tutors are available for free, informal language practice in Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Russian, and Spanish. Click here to submit a request.
- SAAB tutoring is available beginning Monday, January 24th. Until the return to in-person instruction, tutoring appointments are remote. Request to be connected with a SAAB tutor.
Symbolic and Quantitative Resource Center (SQRC)
The SQRC is a free and informal drop-in peer tutoring center focused on courses with a strong quantitative component, including but not strictly limited to math, computer science, physics, chemistry, biology, and economics. We will be offering remote tutoring only until classes are in-person again, after which tutoring will be in-person. To access the SQRC remotely, please visit the SQRC website.