Academic Support and Resources
Lewis & Clark is committed to the academic success of every student. One of the many benefits of our personal approach to education is that we provide many resources to support students both in and outside of the classroom. The resources below are available to all undergraduate students during the 2022-2023 Academic Year, and nearly all of the resources can be accessed in person or by zoom/phone.
Research and Writing
- Watzek Librarians are available Monday through Friday for online or in person appointments. For additional information about getting help at the library, check this site.
- The Writing Center in Watzek Library offers drop-in peer tutoring Sundays through Thursdays, 3-10 pm (beginning on Sunday, Sept. 11). Appointments with the director are also available from the start of classes. Students may choose to visit us either in person or remotely. Please visit the Writing Center website for further information, to schedule an appointment, or to sign in for tutoring.
Advising and Accommodations
- College Advising Center (CAC) advisors are available Monday through Friday for appointments. Appointments can be remote or in-person depending on your preference. Click here to schedule an appointment with a CAC advisor.
- Schedule an appointment with the Office of Student Accessibility. Appointments can be remote or in-person depending on your preference.
- Schedule an appointment with the Career Center.
- Drop-in appointments will begin the week of August 29.
- Visit the Career Center’s Resource Library for handouts and other digital resources related to resumes, cover letters, networking, interview, and other internship and job search skills.
- Login to Handshake to search for internships and jobs posted for Lewis & Clark students in Portland and beyond!
Interactive Learning Center (ILC) Language Practice and Homework Help
Language Assistants are available for free, informal language practice in Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Russian, and Spanish. Drop by Miller 211 or Click here to submit a request to meet.
- SAAB tutoring is available beginning Tuesday, September 6. One-on-one peer tutors are available for a range of courses across departments. Request to be connected with a SAAB tutor.
Symbolic and Quantitative Resource Center (SQRC)
The SQRC offers free walk-in peer tutoring for STEM courses, including Math, Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Economics, Computer Science, and Data Science. Our student tutors are available from 10am-10pm most days to offer support, patience, and an inclusive place to study. Come by to JRR Howard 134 or check out the website for more information.