Great Expectations Mentorship Retreat
Great Expectations Mentorship (GEM) is a program designed to help incoming first-generation college students and/or students of color transition into Lewis & Clark College. As a part of GEM, you are invited to attend a three-day kick-off retreat where you will:
- Stay two nights in a cabin (with electricity and heat and have access to indoor showers) with other GEM Mentees and Mentors.
- Gain tips and tricks on how to navigate your first year at L&C from GEM Mentors, Staff, and Faculty of color/First-Generation.
- Connect with other new students through interactive games and bonding activities.
This kick-off retreat is designed to support your transition to L&C and set you up for academic and social success!
Sign up for GEM Today: GEM 2022 Registration Form
GE Retreat 2021
2022 Retreat Agenda
*agenda items are subjected to change
Friday, Sept 9th
- 6pm: Welcome/Dinner
- 7:00pm: Tour of Camp Collins
- 7:30pm: Cluster Storytelling
- 9:30pm: Community Building through Evening Activities
Saturday, Sept 10th
- 8:00am: Breakfast
- 8:45am: Team Building Activities (Aerial course, photo scavenger hunt, board games and more)
- 12:00pm: Lunch
- 1:00pm: Community Building with Faculty & Staff Panel
- 1:30pm: Faculty & Staff Panel
- 2:00pm: Break
- 3:30pm: Icebreaker
- 3:45pm: College 101 Workshops
- 5:30pm: Dinner
- 6:30pm: Signs of Identity Workshop
- 8:15pm Community Building through Evening Activities
Sunday, Sept 11th
- 8:00am: Yoga/Morning Walk
- 8:30am: Breakfast
- 9:30am: Retreat cleanup
- 10:00am: Closing: Silent Affirmations