Level 1 Introduction
Perspectives on Transgender Identities - VIDEO
Understanding Gender - WEBPAGE
The Language of Gender - WEBPAGE
Sex? Sexual Orientation? Gender Identity? Gender Expression - ARTICLE
Gender Roles & Stereotypes - VIDEO
“A short history of trans people’s long fight for equality” - VIDEO
Trans 101 - WEBPAGE
Level 2 Diving Deeper
“What we get wrong about Sexism & Misogyny” - ARTICLE
Moving Beyond the Gender Binary - VIDEO
Gender in other cultures - WEBPAGE
Active Allyship: Supporting Trans People - ARTICLE
Level 3 Critical Issues
Race & Feminism - ARTICLE
“Is Anatomy Destiny?” - VIDEO
Anti- Trans Legislation in the U.S. - ARTICLE
“White Supremacy & Transmisogyny are Cousins”- ARTICLE
- How would you define sex and gender to a friend or family member?
- What is your current understanding of gender? How did you arrive this current understanding? What do you still perhaps need more clarification on?
- What are 3 examples of gendered every day objects/ words/ phrases/ experiences? Are they concerning? If so, how and if not, why not?
- What is a commitment that you can make today to advocate for trans communities?
- What do conversations regarding gender look like in your communities? Are they easy to engage in? Are they difficult? Why do you think that is?