Level 1 Introduction
What is the difference between Gender & Sexuality? - VIDEO
What is Sexual Orientation? - ARTICLE
LGBTQ+ Vocabulary 101 - WEBPAGE
LGBTQ+ Stereotypes - WEBPAGE
Level 2 Diving Deeper
Thinking Beyond Western Forms of Queerness - VIDEO
Coming Out for Queer & Trans People of Color - ARTICLE
The Myth of the “Queer Agenda” - VIDEO
Heterosexism - VIDEO
Level 3 Critical Issues
Perspectives on Queerness & Mental Health - ARTICLE
Race & Queerness - VIDEO
Overlooked Origins of the LGBTQ+ Movement - ARTICLE
- Where/ when did you first learn about sexual orientation? After using these resources, how might you approach engaging with topics on sexual orientation differently in the future?
- Reflect and list 3 ways in which heterosexism has been highlighted and reinforced in our communities? Friend groups? Families? What kind of harm do they think they might caused?
- What questions do you still have regarding sexual orientation? How will you work towards learning more about issues regarding sexual orientation?
- After utilizing the resources, should we be focusing more on the relationship between sexual orientation and race? If not, why not? If yes, what do you believe are benefits to understanding this dynamic?
- What surprised you the most after reading through these resources? Why was it surprising?