Level 1 - Introduction
How are we thinking and talking about disability? - VIDEO
Disability History - ARTICLE
Ableism - ARTICLE
Level 2- Diving Deeper
Ableist Langauge - VIDEO
Invisible Disabilities - WEB PAGE
“Ableism is the bane of my existence” - VIDEO
Identity First Vs. Person First Language - ARTICLE
Level 3- Critical Issues
Disability Justice: Understanding Race & Disability - ARTICLE
Police Violence & Disability - ARTICLE
- Reflect on your every day interactions. Provide examples of how you’ve found ableism present.
- How do you believe society perceives visible disabilities differently from invisible disabilities? Does this align with your personal beliefs about visible and invisible disabilities?
- What do you want to commit to learning more about with regards to ability?
- What did you learn from the resources that you did not know before or that surprised you?
- How will you think differently or what will you do differently as a result of what you learned?