Detailed Instructions - Graduation Application Process
How to Complete the Graduation Application on WebAdvisor
- Log into WebAdvisor and under the “Academic Profile” choose the “Apply for Graduation” link.
- The initial page will show your major(s). Click on the “apply” button.
- NOTE: Before you complete the requested application information, please review your “Program of Study” at the top right-hand side of the page. If any majors or minors are missing, you must submit a “Major Declaration form” to the Registrar’s office and verify that the degree program is correctly listed before completing this online application process.
- Complete the application information requested:
Name and Hometown
- Graduation term: Choose the “CAS – [semester of graduation]” from the dropdown menu.
Name on diploma: This is the name that will be printed on your diploma and in the commencement program. This is also the name that will be read at Commencement. This field has been pre-populated with your legal name, using your middle initial. If you would like to use a different version of your name, please change it here on the application page.
Please note that if you plan to travel or work overseas, some agencies require you to provide a notarized copy of your diploma. It will be extremely important that your diploma name match your other legal identification. We recommend that you do not use chosen name(s) or initials, but rather list your exact legal name.
If your name has any special characters, like á, ä, or ñ, (for example), you may use the standard keyboard codes to enter these. (You can find commonly used keyboard codes at
- Phonetic Spelling: Feel free to use this field to enter the phonetic spelling of your name. This may be used when reading your name at the commencement ceremony.
- Hometown: This will be printed in the commencement program. If your hometown is within the United States, please enter only the city and state. If your hometown is outside of the United States, please enter the city, state or province, and the Country. This can be different from your mailing address if desired.
- Will you attend Commencement? If you will not attend, click to toggle to “no.”
- Do you plan to pick up the diploma? If you do not plan to pick up the diploma, click to toggle to “no.”
- Diploma Mailing Address: If you toggle the “pick up” option to “no,” the diploma mailing address will appear. Your diploma will be mailed to the address which appears on this page. (Diplomas are mailed as early as the end of May for May graduates). This field has been pre-populated with your mailing address from our records. Please change this as necessary in order to provide an address at which you will be able to receive mail in the month or two following your degree conferral.
- Click the “Save” button.
You will receive a confirmation email showing exactly what you have submitted. Please review the information carefully. If you wish to make changes, contact your Degree Audit & Transfer Credit Specialist.
How to Complete the Graduation Application Checklist
- Review your “Program Evaluation” on WebAdvisor.
- For assistance in reading your program evaluation visit: http://college.lclark.edu/live/files/2176-how-to-read-a-program-evaluation
- If you plan to fulfill any major or minor requirements using courses outside of the requirements defined by your specific catalog year, complete a Course Substitution form for each course and forward it to your Department Chair for approval.
- Submit the Graduation Application Checklist form.
- Forward the automated message you receive, which includes your responses, to your department(s) for review. If you’re unsure of who to contact within the department, you can find departmental contact information here: https://college.lclark.edu/academics/
- If the Department Chair is not your faculty advisor, you should grant the Department Chair access to your academic record.
- To grant access, log on to WebAdvisor and click “Grant Access to My Academic Records”
- Enter the name(s) of your Department Chair(s).
- This access will allow the Chair(s) to view your program evaluation, schedule, and transcript. It will expire after 30 days.
The deadlines for submitting your application via WebAdvisor (Part I) and your Graduation Application Checklist (Part II) are as follows:
- May graduation deadline is October 15
- August graduation deadline is March 1
- December 31 graduation deadline is May 1
- Fall graduation candidates may choose to participate in either the May commencement ceremony prior to degree completion, or in the May commencement ceremony after degree completion. However, if you plan to participate in the earlier commencement ceremony, you must apply for graduation earlier in order to appear in the commencement program, have time to order your cap/gown and to be invited to all commencement related activities. We suggest applying by March 1st.
If you have questions, please email the following staff:
If your last name starts with A-K: Chris Ballard email@example.com
If your last name starts with L-Z: Mary Tweddle firstname.lastname@example.org