School navigation

Student Life

Student Support Resources

In the event of an emergency

Call Campus Safety at 503.768.7777.

Welfare Intervention Network

WIN is a dedicated team of Lewis & Clark professionals who collaboratively coordinate outreach efforts to help students, faculty, and staff who may be a potential health or safety risk to themselves or others. In a developing or non-emergent situation, submit as much information as possible in a report. This report will be forwarded to the appropriate team to review what is occurring and develop a plan to follow-up.

The following is a non-comprehensive list of the response teams that help to support students who are struggling.

When a student is…
  • Emotionally distressed or having suicidal thoughts

Counseling Service x7160

After hours or if no answer, call Crisis Counseling Service at 503-265-7804.

  • Posing a threat to others:

Campus Safety x7777

  • Out of class for unknown reasons

College Advising Center x7750

  • Physically ill

Health Service x7165

After hours consultation service: 1-800-607-5501

  • Alleged to have violated the Academic Integrity Policy

John Krussel, Associate Dean of the College x7563

  • Possibly missing

  • Struggling with alcohol or other drug

Melissa Osmond, Associate Director of Health Promotion x7112

  • Experiencing gender-based violence, such as sexual harassment or sexual assault:

All college employees must report any possible concerns to the Title IX Coordinator at

For a confidential consultation, contact:

Sexual Assault Response Advocate (during work hours) 503-202-3119

Call to Safety (after hours) 503-235-5333

Melissa Osmond, Associate Director of Health Promotion x7112

Counseling Service x7160

Health Service x7165


When a student needs:

  • Advice about a leave of absence, permanent withdrawal, or transfer to another school

College Advising Center x7750

Registrar’s Office x7335

  • Advice about being a student athlete

Physical Education/Athletics x7546

  • Advice about finances

Financial Aid Office x7090

Student and Departmental Account Services x7829

  • Assistance and/or testing for a learning difference or disability

Student Support Services x7192

  • To inform professors that they will be absent from class for a week or more due to sickness or family emergency

Student Support Services x7156

  • Spiritual or religious support

Mark Duntley, Dean of Spiritual Life x7082

  • Help connecting socially or getting involved on campus

Vice President of Student Life Office, x7110

Student Activities x7122

  • Advice about strategies for addressing academic warning or probation

College Advising Center x7750

  • Assistance for a physical disability, including short-term injury

Student Support Services x7192

  • Information about how to get tutoring

Writing Center x7505

Symbolic and Quantitative Reasoning Center (SQRC)

SAAB Tutoring

  • Career counseling or advice about internships

Career Center x7114

  • To be cleared to register because their advisor is unavailable or on leave

College Advising Center x7750

  • Information about graduate scholarships, national fellowships, and internships

Financial Aid Office x7090

Career Center x7114

  • Information about multicultural and/or international issues

International Students & Scholars x7305

Inclusion and Multicultural Engagement x7051

  • To make a complaint about a grade or a faculty member

1st: Faculty member (if possible)

2nd: Department/Program Chair

3rd: John Krussel, Associate Dean of the College x7563

  • To make a complaint about discrimination or harassment, including that based on religion, race, disability, etc.


Updated July 2019