What does Student Engagement do?
- Student Engagement serves as the primary resource and support for Lewis & Clark’s diverse student organizations through its annual recognition process.
- Student Engagement in partnership with the Campus Activities Board and Lewis & Clark’s 130+ student organizations provides students with opportunities for leadership and personal experiences that encourage discussion, personal exploration, and intentional learning.
- Student Engagement collaborates with departments, offices, and organizations throughout the College to host meaningful events and programs that enhance the Lewis & Clark experience.
Student Engagement Staff
The Office of Student Engagement helps to coordinate many of the events and student groups on campus. It also can assist you in matching your interests to an existing group or help you get a new organization started.
Second floor Fowler foyer (where the mailboxes used to be)
Weekdays, 9am to 4:00pm
According to L&C’s Student Code of Conduct, all student orgs are subject to the following:
IX. STUDENT ORGANIZATIONS
- Student organizations may be charged with violations of this Code or College Policy.
- The officers, leaders, and members of a student organization, as well as the organization as a whole, may be subject to discipline under the Code when its members, officers, or leaders commit violations with sponsorship from the organization.
- The officers, leaders, or any identifiable spokespersons for a student organization may be directed by the Dean of Students or designee to take action to prevent or end violations by members, officers, or leaders acting with sponsorship from the organization.
- Outcomes for organizations may include loss of all privileges, including College recognition, for a specified period of time, revocation of funding, dissolution, as well as other appropriate outcomes. Individuals involved in violations with sponsorship from an organization may also be assigned personal outcomes, regardless of those assigned to the organization.
Additionally, any student org who violates the following will be subject to charges of violations.
Any act which endangers the mental or physical health or safety of a student, or which destroys or removes public or private property, for the purpose of initiation, admission into, affiliation with, or as a condition for continued membership in a group or organization is prohibited.