Reminders and Upcoming Communications: Spring Semester Opening
Dear Lewis & Clark Community,
As the start of spring semester approaches, we want to remind you of our current COVID mitigation strategies and alert you to important communications that you will receive in the coming days regarding returning to campus.
Remote Start for Classes and Work
Spring semester start dates remain unchanged, however classes will be fully remote for all until January 25. Most staff members should plan to work remotely until at least January 18, 2022. Key dates:
- January 10, 2022: Classes begin at the law school and graduate school (remote instruction)
- January 18, 2022: Classes begin for undergraduates (remote instruction); most staff members return to their pre-winter break schedule
- January 25, 2022: In-person instruction begins on all three campuses
COVID Entry Testing Requirements
Residential students should return to campus as scheduled, and will need to provide evidence of a negative COVID test administered within the 72 hour-period PRIOR to coming to campus.
Faculty, staff, and nonresidential students are required to be tested prior to or near the date on which they return to campus. You will receive communication by the end of this week about testing sign-up and locations; dates are as follows:
- January 12 and 13: Testing of all faculty and staff, resident assistants (RAs), new undergraduate students, and students who have been in residence on-campus over winter break
- January 18–22: Testing of all other students, from all three campuses, and contracted employees
Booster Dose Requirement
All members of the Lewis & Clark community—students, faculty, staff, and employees of our long-term, on-campus partners—are now required to get a COVID booster shot as soon as they are eligible. Please note, the CDC has now shortened the time for booster eligibility for those who have received the Pfizer vaccine from six months to five months.
At least through January 24, all community members and visitors to campus will be required to wear a mask rated KN95 or better anywhere masks are required.
It is crucial that you continue to monitor your email for important messages with details about spring semester. Expect to receive the following in the next few days:
All Faculty, Staff, and Students
- From LC Covid Notice: Information about signing up for on-campus booster dose clinics
Faculty and Staff
- From HR: Information about signing up for entry testing on January 12 and 13
- From HR: Information about uploading booster info to Workday
- From Health and Wellness: Information about signing up for entry testing on January 12 and 13 for those eligible (RAs, new undergraduate students, and students who have been in residence over winter break)
- From Health and Wellness: Information about signing up for entry testing from January 18–22 (all other students)
Thank you for continuing to do everything you can to keep our community healthy and vibrant. WeB4Me@LC!