Thank you for this! I want to let you know that my experience at L+C was sincerely one of the best things I have ever done in my life and I’m so super grateful that you set this up for students like me.
I wanted to thank you so much for developing such a fantastic program. What a great opportunity for teens to interact with real entrepreneurs and get hands-on experience developing their own projects. Which were amazing by the way. I really enjoyed watching the presentation of each group. Not only that but to experience life in college and all that entails - meeting a bunch of new people - living in dorms - all on a beautiful campus. It was such a great learning experience and Aiden wants to put it front and center on his college application. Lewis & Clark is now his top choice because of this experience! Again, thank you for putting on the Circular Innovation Challenge. I know it involves a lot of hard work and long hours.
Thank you guys so much, this was truly an unforgettable experience everyone and everything was so amazing! I am so grateful I got to be apart of this.
This camp has been very informative and inspiring. Not only do I wish to live a more sustainable lifestyle, I’m very motivated to continue looking into an entrepreneurial route as well as very excited to apply to Lewis & Clark. Thank you for all the hard work!!
Ideas and Prizes
- reFOAMulate- Turning styrofoam waste into insulation (starting with tiny homes)
- Toy Circle- An eco-friendly toy subscription company aiming to end toy ownership and waste
- Eco Tear- Perforated wrapping paper with biodegradable tape
- Good Glue- A biodegradable glue that supports recycling process
- Renew Pack- Reusable packaging made of borosilicate glass, with a send-back model
- Corky- Replacing plastic 6 pack yokes with cork yokes
- THEO- Sustainable pens
- Earth Cover- Biodegradable replacement for plastic row covers used in farming
- Phyla Bottles- 3D printed algae-based water bottle
- Eco Flow- Safe, compostable, gender-neutral menstrual products
Winning team and semi-finalist:
1st - Toy Circle
- Excellent customer research and use of customer feedback in pivots and business development
- Strong teamwork throughout the week
- Presentation powerful and effective
- Strong Q & A session with judges
2nd - Eco Flow
- One of the strongest presentations
- Very compelling problem/solution and potential market opportunity
- Still in research and development phase
$20,000/year merit-based scholarship to Lewis & Clark College for all students who successfully complete the entrepreneurship program and subsequently apply and get admitted to the school.
Each member of the winning team won a $100 gift card. Gift Cards were available from one of the following circular vendors: