As a Philanthropy Council Class Associate, you grow the philanthropic connection between your classmates and the College. You serve an important role on the Lewis & Clark Philanthropy Council (LCPC), contributing to LCPC’s overarching goals of increasing alumni participation and dollars raised.
Each year, LCPC sets goals for Class Associates. This year’s goals for the team are:
- Increase the number of alumni giving to 4,007. Last year, 3,690 alumni made a gift to LC. The year before, 4,017 did.
- Increase the number of young alumni giving to 700. Young alumni are defined as those who’ve graduated in the last 15 years. Last year, 685 young alumni gave.
- Fundraise $20,000 from class associate outreach.
Class Associate Duties
- Practice what you preach – give before the first session each year
- Select 10-40 classmates to personally steward throughout the year
- Ask classmates to give via email, phone calls, personal notes, social media, and/or text message
- Post, like, and share about giving to LC on social media
- Personally thank classmates when they give
- Read and actively participate in LCPC communications and trainings
- Recruit 2 other classmates to be Class Associates each year
- If your class is celebrating a reunion in June, then you will also serve as a giving representative on your class’ reunion committee.
There are three 4-week sessions each year:
- October 16, 2017 – November 10, 2017 [Not taking place this year]
- March 13, 2018 – April 10, 2018
- May 7, 2018 – June 1, 2018
Each session, you’ll spend about 10-20 hours volunteering (or 2-5 hours per week) depending on how many classmates you select.
Your time as a Class Associate is not termed. However, we do ask you serve at least one year. After one year as a Class Associate, you are eligible to become a Class Director.
You are supported! Annual Giving offers several ways to help you become more confident in your role. Some of those ways include:
- Comprehensive packets and materials
- Examples and templates
- Conference calls
- Live and recorded webinars
- Regular updates and reports
- LCPC Class Listserv to communicate with other Class Associates
Join Lewis & Clark Philanthropy Council and make a difference! You’ll bring your classmates closer together and foster a community of philanthropy. It can’t happen without you.
Inquiries are always welcome. Contact Julie Newsome at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-768-7963.