As a Philanthropy Council Class Associate, you grow the philanthropic connection between your classmates and the college. You serve an important role on the Lewis & Clark Philanthropy Council (LCPC), contributing to LCPC’s overarching goals of increasing alumni participation and dollars raised.
Each year, LCPC sets goals for class associates. In 2018, the council elected to align its annual goals with the goals of the current strategic plan. Specific, measurable goals are set at the annual Philanthropy Council Summit. In general, class associate goals include:
- Increase the number of alumni giving.
- Raise a certain amount of funds through personal outreach.
Class Associate Duties
- Practice what you preach – give before the first session each year
- Select 10-40 classmates to personally steward throughout the year
- Ask classmates to give via email, phone calls, personal notes, social media, and/or text message
- Post, like, and share about giving to LC on social media
- Personally thank classmates when they give
- Read and actively participate in LCPC communications and trainings
- Recruit 1 other classmate to be a Class Associate each year
- Years when your class celebrates a reunion, you will also serve as a giving representative on your class’ reunion committee
There are three month-long working sessions each year. Exact dates will be posted on the main website, but in general, there is a session in the fall, winter, and spring.
Each session, you’ll spend about 3-5 hours volunteering (or ~1 hour per week) depending on how many classmates you select.
Your time as a Class Associate is not termed. However, we do ask you serve at least one year. After one year as a Class Associate, you are eligible to become a Class Director.
You are supported! Annual Giving offers several ways to help you become more confident in your role. Some of those ways include:
- A robust online platform (PioConnect)
- Comprehensive materials
- Examples and templates
- Conference calls
- Live and recorded webinars
- Video trainings
- Regular, open communication
- LCPC Class Listserv to communicate with other Class Associates
Join Lewis & Clark Philanthropy Council and make a difference! You’ll bring your classmates closer together and foster a community of philanthropy. It can’t happen without you.
Questions? Contact Julie Newsome at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-768-7963.