Transfer Application Checklist
All documents listed below are required for a complete application to Lewis & Clark. Your file will not be reviewed until all documents are received. There is no application fee. Review application deadlines and learn about the application process on our Application Information page.
Online Common Application, which must include:
- A listing of your extracurricular involvement, work experience, and other co-curricular activities. Include this information within the “Experiences” and “Achievements” sections of the “Supporting Information” portion of your Common Application.
- Responses to all Lewis & Clark supplemental questions within the “Questions” section of Lewis & Clark’s program materials portion of your Common Application.
- Official college transcript(s) for all college coursework completed, including coursework completed prior to high school graduation. Official transcripts should be submitted through the Common Application’s transcript request system, or you may have official transcripts sent directly to Lewis & Clark from your college or university (or via transcription services). Transcripts provided by applicants are not considered official. Electronic transcripts should go to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note: if you are currently enrolled, your transcript must include the current year’s fall term grades. For example, if you are applying for fall 2024 admission, your college transcript must include your fall 2023 courses and grades.
- Official high school transcript that includes your entire high school academic record and verification of graduation. This is required of all transfer applicants, even if you’ve been out of high school for several years and/or have been awarded an AA degree. If you took the GED or other high school proficiency exam, we require an official score report as well as transcripts for any completed high school coursework. Official transcripts must be sent to the Office of Admissions directly from high schools (or via transcription services). Transcripts provided by applicants are not considered official. Electronic transcripts should go to email@example.com.
- A record of SAT or ACT scores is optional. SAT and ACT scores will be considered as part of a holistic review process if they are provided, however we do not require students to submit any standardized test scores. If a student chooses to send us scores, they can be uploaded through the L&C Portal, submitted directly from the testing agency, or included on an official high school transcript. Please review our test-optional policy.
- One academic evaluation/recommendation completed by a college instructor who has taught you in a full credit, traditional academic (non-performance, activity, or studio) college class taken post-high school graduation. Academic recommendations must be sent directly from the instructor or via the Common Application to be considered valid.
- Complete list of current and projected courses. This is a list of all the classes you are currently taking and those you plan to take prior to enrolling at Lewis & Clark. You may use our online form or email firstname.lastname@example.org with a list of courses. Please be sure to include course numbers, course titles, and the credit amount each course carries.
- Some applicants may be required to provide a statement of good standing from their current/most recent institution. Not all applicants will be required to provide this documentation. The admissions committee will notify you if this is required and will provide you with instructions on how to obtain the needed information.
Transfer applicants who are applying for need-based financial aid should complete the FAFSA by the March 1 priority deadline to receive full consideration for all sources of need-based aid.
Interview (encouraged but not required)
A one-on-one interview with a transfer admissions counselor is a great way to demonstrate your interest in Lewis & Clark and share information about your prior academic experiences and future goals, which will add depth to your application. Schedule your Virtual Interview online today!