Financial Aid for Transfer Students

All students must file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) before March 1 for full consideration of all sources of need-based financial aid. Even if you haven’t submitted your Common Application or sent in any other admissions credentials, you should make sure your FAFSA is in by March 1.

Transfer students are eligible for all sources of need-based financial assistance; financial aid awards will depend upon eligibility as determined by the FAFSA. Transfer students are also eligible for scholarships based on academic merit and cocurricular involvement. Awards range in amount and may be valued up to one-third tuition. All students who complete their applications for admission within our preferred time frame are considered for academic merit-based scholarships, and submission of additional documents is not required. Scholarship notification is made along with an offer of admission.

Students with exceptional talent in music or in speech and debate may qualify for one of our music or speech and debate scholarships. Award amounts for those scholarships vary. For more information, contact the chair of the music department (503-768-7460 or or Joseph Gantt, director of forensics (503-768-7666 or

Transfer students who are members of Phi Theta Kappa may be eligible for a $1,000 scholarship. Please contact us for more information about this award.