- <a href="/live/image/gid/668/width/650/87387_EVNT-C-0919-0130.jpg" class="lw_preview_image lw_disable_preview" tabindex="-1"><picture class="lw_image lw_image87387"> <source type="image/jpeg" media="(max-width: 500px)" srcset="/live/image/gid/668/width/500/height/240/crop/1/87387_EVNT-C-0919-0130.rev.1614276655.jpg 1x, /live/image/scale/2x/gid/668/width/500/height/240/crop/1/87387_EVNT-C-0919-0130.rev.1614276655.jpg 2x, /live/image/scale/3x/gid/668/width/500/height/240/crop/1/87387_EVNT-C-0919-0130.rev.1614276655.jpg 3x"/> <source type="image/jpeg" media="(max-width: 800px)" srcset="/live/image/gid/668/width/800/height/383/crop/1/87387_EVNT-C-0919-0130.rev.1614276655.jpg 1x, /live/image/scale/2x/gid/668/width/800/height/383/crop/1/87387_EVNT-C-0919-0130.rev.1614276655.jpg 2x, /live/image/scale/3x/gid/668/width/800/height/383/crop/1/87387_EVNT-C-0919-0130.rev.1614276655.jpg 3x"/> <source type="image/jpeg" media="(max-width: 1200px)" srcset="/live/image/gid/668/width/1200/height/575/crop/1/87387_EVNT-C-0919-0130.rev.1614276655.jpg 1x, /live/image/scale/2x/gid/668/width/1200/height/575/crop/1/87387_EVNT-C-0919-0130.rev.1614276655.jpg 2x"/> <source type="image/jpeg" media="(min-width: 1201px)" srcset="/live/image/gid/668/width/1440/height/690/crop/1/87387_EVNT-C-0919-0130.rev.1614276655.jpg 1x, /live/image/scale/2x/gid/668/width/1440/height/690/crop/1/87387_EVNT-C-0919-0130.rev.1614276655.jpg 2x"/> <img src="/live/image/gid/668/width/1440/height/690/crop/1/87387_EVNT-C-0919-0130.rev.1614276655.jpg" alt="On our residential campus, everything you need is right outside your door!" width="1440" height="690" srcset="/live/image/scale/2x/gid/668/width/1440/height/690/crop/1/87387_EVNT-C-0919-0130.rev.1614276655.jpg 2x" data-max-w="3200" data-max-h="2136"/> </picture> </a><div class="hero-full_image_caption collapsable-caption"> On our residential campus, everything you need is right outside your door!</div>
Your Pacific Northwest Home
At Lewis & Clark, we rally around shared experience while celebrating and learning from difference.
Lewis & Clark students pride themselves on being individuals, but that does not diminish the feeling of community that you feel on our campus. You’ll have a chance to both live and study with your classmates, in a close environment that fosters mutual support and understanding.
The members of the Lewis & Clark community represent a wide array of ages, cultures, backgrounds, gender identities, nationalities, sexual orientations, races, ethnicities, and beliefs. We embrace them all.
Total undergraduate enrollment in 2020-21.
U.S. states represented.
Fun Times Ahead!
College life is definitely not all work and no play.
Lewis & Clark’s 110+ student-led clubs and organizations are one of the many ways you can kick back, relax, and have fun. Sure, student clubs and orgs also provide opportunities for leadership development, discussion, personal exploration, and intentional learning. But having fun is almost always part of the plan.
We have some clubs you’d expect and some you’d never imagine:
- Fire dancing
- Prison abolition
- Cooking with chemistry
Heart of the City
My favorite thing about living in Portland is the friendliness and acceptance of the community. Every time I go downtown, I’m reminded of how nice and welcoming people can be, from the smiles and hellos on TriMet to food cart owners remembering my face and asking me about life.
Straddling the line between a big city and a small town, Portland offers attractions and opportunities for almost any interest. Being so close to downtown provides not only boundless entertainment options, but also internship and job opportunities.
Our arts departments offer some of the most robust opportunities available at a small liberal arts college anywhere. All programs are open to majors and nonmajors alike, with over 70 percent of our students participating deeply in the arts during their time here. You’ll find a strong sense of camaraderie and belonging in the fine arts, as all of our departments are infused with a collaborative spirit and focus on community.
Support When You Need It
Whether you need a little help with a class paper or someone to talk to, there are many ways to be supported as a student at Lewis & Clark.
- Our students care for one another—check out this Instagram highlight of some of our many great peer support offerings.
- The Pioneer Support Network features student leaders trained to support their peers’ mental health and well being.
- Our Real Life blog has a ton of information and insights from current students, including this mid-term survival kit post!
- Our Office of Student Accessibility provides accommodations, education, consultation, and advocacy for students with disabilities, and helps the entire campus-wide community access resources to support overall health and wellness.
- We are committed to the academic success of every student, and provide tutoring services, writing consultations, resources, advising, and more.