First Year Early Decision Checklist
Online Common Application
(including essay, Supplemental Questions, and the Early Decision Agreement Form signed by you, your parent, and your counselor.)
- Secondary School Report form
- Teacher Evaluation form, completed by a teacher who has taught you in an academic course (English, mathematics, science, foreign language, history, or social studies). Test-Optional Portfolio Path applicants must submit two academic teacher evaluations.
- We will accept letters of recommendation from 10th-12th grade teachers.
- We prefer letters of recommendation from someone who has taught you in 11th or 12th grade.
Official high school transcript
Early Decision candidates must submit a transcript including grades from 9th through 11th grade and a complete list of courses in which they are enrolled during their senior year.
Mid-Year Report and updated transcript
All first-year applicants must submit their first term senior grades for review by the admissions committee as soon as they are available.
Official SAT and/or ACT scores
We will accept the ACT, the old SAT, or the redesigned SAT. Scores are considered official if reported on the official high school transcript or received directly from a testing agency. (Self-reported scores on the Common Application are not considered official.)
Lewis & Clark’s SAT code: 4384
Lewis & Clark’s ACT code: 3464.
- Students applying via the Test-Optional Portfolio Path may choose not to have test scores sent or have their counselors remove the scores from their records before submission to Lewis & Clark. Students are responsible for making their intentions known to the high school counselor.
FAFSA and CSS Profile
Early Decision applicants who are applying for need-based financial aid should complete the FAFSA and CSS Profile by the November 1 priority deadline to receive full consideration for all available sources of need-based aid.
Note: Personal interviews are an optional part of the application process. If you’re wondering whether you should schedule an interview, read the top ten questions about Lewis & Clark College interviews.