The following groups are open to all students. Students who fulfill the necessary prerequisites may be able to earn academic credit while participating in certain media activities. Consult with the appropriate academic department or program for more information.
The Collective: A Journal for Social Justice offers students the opportunity to voice their concerns, share their unique experiences, offer radical viewpoints, and propose solutions.
- KLC Radio provides the Lewis & Clark community with Internet-based audio programming and serves as an outlet for student expression. KLC also hosts regular student performance opportunities and an annual spring music festival. You can listen to KLC Radio here.
- Lewis & Clark Literary Review is a student-published annual collection of creative compositions.
- The Meridian Journal of International and Cross-Cultural Perspectives is an annual publication dedicated to providing a forum for student views on international and cross-cultural issues.
- Pause. Journal of Dramatic Literature is an annual dramatic arts journal that promotes the art of playwriting.
- The Pioneer Log, Lewis & Clark’s biweekly student newspaper, reports campus and community activities and news of interest to students, faculty, and staff. The paper has opportunities on its staff for students interested in writing, photography, graphic design, art, editing, business, advertising, and promotion. Students may begin working for The Pioneer Log at any time during their enrollment at Lewis & Clark. The Pioneer Log can also be found online here and print copies can be found throughout campus.
- Polyglot Journal of Foreign Languages and Cultural Expression is an annual journal featuring pieces in the various languages of its writers.
- Synergia Journal of Gender Thought and Expression is an annual journal focused on gender issues and expression.
- untitled no. 1: Journal of Art and Theory is an annual journal that enhances and promotes artistic expression and research.
Lewis & Clark’s Student Media organizations are organized and supported by Student Engagement through the Student Media Board. All student media receive their funding from the Student Media Fee.
L&C’s Student Media Board is very proud to partner with Morel Ink for the publication of our six journals, Oregon Lithoprint for the printing of The Pioneer Log, and Mixlr for the streaming of KLC Radio.
The Student Media Board’s bylaws can be found here.