About the Board
The Board of Alumni (BoA) is the governing body of the Alumni Association. Their basic charge is to strengthen ties between and among alumni and the college. Through strategic planning, the BoA oversees and advises the college on programs to benefit alumni, and on ways that alumni can serve the college. To see the full Board roster, visit this page.
Each member may serve for two three-year terms. Beyond developing and enhancing communication among alumni and the college, BOA members also have a number of other chief responsibilities.
- Support students of color; outreach to alumni of color and fostering greater equity and inclusion at L&C
- Participate in three weekend meetings annually (two in-person, one virtual)
- Support and promote Alumni Weekend events and reunions
- Participate in the college’s annual fund
- Participate in regional chapter events and initiatives
- Cultivate regional chapter volunteers and help to expand the Alumni Career Network
- Represent the college at college ceremonies
- Honor outstanding alumni at the annual Alumni Honors Celebration
Who we are and what we do
The Board of Alumni helps build and maintain connections among alumni of the College of Arts and Sciences (CAS). We also strengthen the connections between the CAS alumni community and Lewis & Clark College. We do this by:
- Developing and promoting enjoyable and relevant alumni events
- Championing alumni participation in sustaining and strengthening a strong fiscal foundation for the college’s next generation of students
Individual board members take a leadership role in classic alumni events such as the Alumni Honors Celebration, Reunion Weekend, and Homecoming. Members also initiate efforts that reflect the unique character of the college, such as developing a platform for mobilizing alumni service in local, regional and international volunteer efforts.
We balance these specific projects against our equally important responsibility to galvanize alumni participation in the Annual Fund. The board is currently assessing our fundraising goals in light of the college’s needs and goals to ensure that our efforts are strategically focused.
Want to nominate someone for Board membership? Please read the request for nominations here, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any suggestions.