L&C Events and Virtual Programming
The Alumni and Parent Engagement office invites you to listen, learn, and enjoy the L&C community through the following resources.
In person and virtual events.
- Virtual Presentation with Professor Elliott Young - sponsored by regional L&C Alumni Chapters, History of Racism in Immigration Restrictions and Illegal Entry Charge
- Virtual Presentation with Associate Professor Reiko Hillyer, Education as Freedom: The Inside-Out Prison Exchange Program and Mission of the Liberal Arts
- Virtual Presentation with Assistant Professor with Term, Kabir Mansingh Heimsath, Mountain Pathways: Mobility and Space in the Nepal Himalaya
- Virtual Presentation with Professor Julio de Paula, Light + Color = Chemistry + Archaeology
- Virtual Presentation with Professor Greta Binford and Associate Professor Kundai Chirindo, Science, Race, and the Outdoors
- Virtual Lecture with Associate Professor Yueping Zhang, Ever had a Gut Feeling? Messages from the Nervous System and Bacteria in our Gastrointestinal Tract to the Brain
- Virtual Lecture with Associate Professor Diana Leonard, If You Don’t See Race, You Don’t See Me: Why Colorblindness Fails and What We Should Do About It
- 23rd Annual Environmental Studies Symposium, Stopping New Dams and Removing Old Ones: Klamath and Columbia Case Studies
- Virtual Lecture with Associate Professor Powers, ‘Ugly Americans’ vs. ‘Lousy Commies’: How a Theological Divergence Among U.S. Christians (ca. 1900) Helps Explain Our Current Divided Society
- Poems and Conversation with Kim Stafford, Professor Emeritus and Oregon’s ninth Poet Laureate
- Virtual Lecture with Professor Magali Rabasa, Pandemic Solidarity: Mutual Aid and Research in the Covid-19 Crisis
- Virtual Lecture with Assistant Professor Suparna Chaudhry, Uncivil Societies: Explaining Government Repression Against NGOs
- Virtual Lecture with Associate Professor Maryann Bylander, From Poverty Panacea to Credit Crisis: The Impacts of Microfinance Expansion in Southeast Asia
- Virtual Lecture with Distinguished International Law Visitor Phillipe Sands, The Ratline: The Flight of the Nazis to Avoid Prosecution
- Virtual Lecture with Associate Professor Jessica Kleiss, Clouds and Climate Change
- Virtual Lecture with Associate Professor Emerita Janet Davidson, Human Development Across the Lifespan: Who You’ve Been and Who You’ll Be
- Virtual Lecture with Professor Emeriti Jane Hunter, Missionary Daughter to Daughter of the Revolution: Isabel Crook’s Journey to China’s Great Hall of the People
- Virtual Lecture with Associate Professor Norma Velazquez Ulloa, Flies, Drugs, Genes, and Undergrads
- Virtual Lecture with Dr. Mojgan Sami, Pandemics and Social Change: Covid-19 and Racism in Historical Context
- Virtual Lecture with Professor Emeritus Stephen Dow Beckham, The Surprising Adventures of George Gibbs, 1816-1873, on the Oregon Frontier
- Virtual Lecture with Professor Tamily Weissman-Unni, Mapping the Brain in Living Color with “Brainbow”
- Virtual Lecture with Professor Rishona Zimring and India Ropes-Moyes ’20, Meaning in Motion: Modernism, Literature, and Dance
- Virtual Lecture with Associate Professor Liz Safran, Landslides and Lava and Floods, Oh My! How the Owyhee River Puts Up with Oregon’s Lively Geology
- Virtual Lecture with Associate Professor Dawn Odell, Global Trade, Chinese Art, and Eighteenth-Century America
- Virtual Lecture with Professor Emerita Jean Ward, Albany to Fir Acres: The “Cinderella College” Arrives
- Virtual Lecture with Associate Professor David Campion, A Terrible Beauty: Literature, History & Memory in 20th-Century Ireland
- Virtual Lecture with Professor Aaron Beck, Music and the Black Plague
- 2020 Festival Of Scholars and Artists - L&C’s daylong event highlighting student research in discussion panels, posters, and performances.
- Virtual Lecture with Professor Rob Kugler, Of Mummified Crocodiles and Ancient Court Records: A Window on Jewish Legal Reasoning in Greco-Roman Egypt
- Virtual Presentation and Q&A with Professor Stephen Dow Beckham, Changes in the Land: Oregon, 1800-2020
- From Dorm Room to Dreamhouse: A Journey into Home Ownership, sponsored by the L&C Young Alumni Council
- Budgeting - Surviving the Capitalism Hellscape 101 (and Have Fun Doing It!) sponsored by the L&C Young Alumni Council. (presentation slides)
- Careers in Marketing, sponsored by the L&C Young Alumni Council
- Albany Society Senior Alumni Summer Celebration 2021
- The Spymaster of Baghdad: A Conversation with author Margaret Coker BA ’93
- Real Nice Winemakers Wine Tasting with owner Anthony Van Nice BA ’97
- Buon Appetito! Italian Cooking with Chef Jake Greenberg ’79
- A to Z Wineworks Wine Tasting with owner Cheryl Francis BA ’92
- Beer Tasting and Lecture with Professor Brian Detweiler-Bedell
- Brick House Vineyards Wine Tasting with owner Doug Tunnell BA ’72
- Groth Vineyards Wine Tasting with President and CEO Suzanne Groth BA ’92
- Alumni Honors Celebration 2021
- A Conversation with Earl Blumenauer, BA’70, JD ’76
- Tales and Lessons from an American Diplomat featuring Ambassador Niels Marquardt ’75
- Elk Cove Vineyards Wine Tasting with owner Adam Campbell BA ’95
- Beckham Estate Vineyard Wine Tasting with owner Andrew Beckham BA ’98, G’01
- Okapi Wine Tasting with owner Kim Johnson BA ’86
- Cartoon Happy Hour with Matt Wuerker ’79 - Politico cartoonist and Pulitzer Prize winner Matt Wuerker ’79 recently led an easy drawing workshop and happy hour for the Lewis & Clark community. Click on the link above to see the whole presentation.
- Equity & Inclusion Classroom Resources - This guide provides Lewis & Clark faculty, staff, and students with resources related to equity, inclusion and antiracism.
Resources to Support Antiracist Practice and Advocacy - This list was compiled by faculty at Lewis & Clark Graduate School of Education.
Antiracist Resource List - This is a running list from the Office of Equity & Inclusion.
Antiracism, Black Lives Matter, and Transformative Justice List from the Associated Students of Lewis & Clark.
Resources to Get Involved and Act - Curated by the Ethnic Studies Department.
- Virtual Concert with L&C Orchestra, “Serenade” by William Grant Still with the Northwest Orchestra Consortium
- Virtual Concert with Associate Professor Susan Smith, Champagne and Chopin
- Watch more live performances and browse the full archive of events.
Please see up-to-date COVID-19 information here.