L&C Virtual Events and Programming
The Alumni and Parent Programs office invites you to listen,
learn, and enjoy the L&C community through the following resources.
May 28th, 2020
May 29th, 2020
May 30th, 2020
June 1st, 2020
June 2nd, 2020
June 3rd, 2020
June 4th, 2020
June 10th, 2020
June 12th, 2020
June 18th, 2020
June 23rd, 2020
- Virtual Lecture with Associate Professor Dawn Odell, Global Trade, Chinese Art, and Eighteenth-Century America
- Virtual Lecture with Professor Emerita Jean Ward, Albany to Fir Acres: The “Cinderella College” Arrives
- Virtual Lecture with Associate Professor David Campion, A Terrible Beauty: Literature, History & Memory in 20th-Century Ireland
- Virtual Lecture with Professor Eleonora Beck, Music and the Black Plague
- 2020 Festival Of Scholars and Artists - L&C’s daylong event highlighting student research in discussion panels, posters, and performances.
- Virtual Presentation and Q&A with Professor Rob Kugler, Of Mummified Crocodiles and Ancient Court Records: A Window on Jewish Legal Reasoning in Greco-Roman Egypt
- Virtual Presentation and Q&A with Professor Stephen Dow Beckham, Changes in the Land: Oregon, 1800-2020
- Daily Pandemic Poems: Professor and Oregon Poet Laureate Kim Stafford is sharing a daily poem on his website.
- Pio Log: Catch up on the latest edition focused on COVID-19.
- TEDx at Lewis & Clark: In October 2019, L&C students hosted our first-ever TEDx event focused on “Deconstruction.”
- Cartoon Happy Hour with Matt Wuerker ’79 - Politico cartoonist and Pulitzer Prize winner Matt Wuerker ’79 recently led an easy drawing workshop and happy hour for the Lewis & Clark community. Click on the link above to see the whole presentation.
- Lewis & Clark College 147th Annual Commencement Ceremony - The Class of 2020 Celebrated via a virtual commencement ceremony on Saturday, May 9th. Class of 2020, welcome to the alumni family!
- Messages of Resilience - Recently, Lewis & Clark asked alumni and friends to write messages of resilience to incoming, current, and graduating students. These are the wonderful responses.
- Lewis & Clark Virtual Backgrounds: If you can’t actually be on campus, at least you can bring campus with you to virtual meetings.
- Support for Teaching, Learning, and Working Remotely: This handy guide, created by L&C’s IT team, has trips and tricks to help navigate online platforms.
- Alumni Books and Publications: Looking for a new book? This extensive list is a great place to start.
- L&C Campus Tour: Take a virtual walk through campus.
- Senior Capstone Projects: Take a look at this sampling from recent years
- (Anti) Valentine’s Day Concert: This annual concert features L&C’s choirs and a cappella groups presenting humorous and poignant music.
- L&C Orchestra Concert: Sit back, relax, and listen to the L&C Orchestra performing music that ranges from the 18th through 21st century.
- Watch more live performances and browse the full archive of events.