L&C Virtual Events and Programming
The Alumni and Parent Programs office invites you to listen,
learn, and enjoy the L&C community through the following resources.
October 26th, 2020
October 27th, 2020
October 28th, 2020
October 29th, 2020
October 30th, 2020
November 1st, 2020
November 9th, 2020
November 11th, 2020
November 12th, 2020
November 13th, 2020
November 18th, 2020
November 19th, 2020
December 2nd, 2020
December 9th, 2020
December 10th, 2020
- A Letter from President Wiewel to the Lewis & Clark Community
- Equity & Inclusion Classroom Resources - This guide provides Lewis & Clark faculty, staff, and students with resources related to equity, inclusion and anti-racism.
Resources to Support Anti-Racist Practice and Advocacy - This list was compiled by faculty at Lewis & Clark Graduate School of Education.
Anti-Racist Resource List - This is a running list from the Office of Equity & Inclusion.
Anti-Racism, Black Lives Matter, and Transformative Justice List from the Associated Students of Lewis & Clark.
Resources to Get Involved and Act - Curated by the Ethnic Studies Department.
- Virtual Lecture with Professor Tamily Weissman-Unni, Mapping the Brain in Living Color with “Brainbow”.
- Virtual Lecture with Professor Rishona Zimring and India Ropes-Moyes ’20, Meaning in Motion: Modernism, Literature, and Dance
- Virtual Lecture with Associate Professor Liz Safran, Landslides and Lava and Floods, Oh My! How the Owyhee River Puts Up with Oregon’s Lively Geology
- Virtual Lecture with Associate Professor Dawn Odell, Global Trade, Chinese Art, and Eighteenth-Century America
- Virtual Lecture with Professor Emerita Jean Ward, Albany to Fir Acres: The “Cinderella College” Arrives
- Virtual Lecture with Associate Professor David Campion, A Terrible Beauty: Literature, History & Memory in 20th-Century Ireland
- Virtual Lecture with Professor Eleonora Beck, Music and the Black Plague
- 2020 Festival Of Scholars and Artists - L&C’s daylong event highlighting student research in discussion panels, posters, and performances.
- Virtual Presentation and Q&A with Professor Rob Kugler, Of Mummified Crocodiles and Ancient Court Records: A Window on Jewish Legal Reasoning in Greco-Roman Egypt
- Virtual Presentation and Q&A with Professor Stephen Dow Beckham, Changes in the Land: Oregon, 1800-2020
- Daily Pandemic Poems: Professor and Oregon Poet Laureate Kim Stafford is sharing a daily poem on his website.
- Pio Log: Catch up on the latest edition focused on COVID-19.
- TEDx at Lewis & Clark: In October 2019, L&C students hosted our first-ever TEDx event focused on “Deconstruction.”
- Okapi Wine Tasting Event with owner Kim Johnson ’86.
- Cartoon Happy Hour with Matt Wuerker ’79 - Politico cartoonist and Pulitzer Prize winner Matt Wuerker ’79 recently led an easy drawing workshop and happy hour for the Lewis & Clark community. Click on the link above to see the whole presentation.
- Albany Society Summer Celebration 2020 - The annual gathering of Albany Society alumni was a virtual event in 2020. The Albany Society is an honorary organization of Lewis & Clark College alumni from classes that have been graduated 50 or more years.
- Lewis & Clark College 147th Annual Commencement Ceremony - The Class of 2020 Celebrated via a virtual commencement ceremony on Saturday, May 9th. Class of 2020, welcome to the alumni family!
- Messages of Resilience - Recently, Lewis & Clark asked alumni and friends to write messages of resilience to incoming, current, and graduating students. These are the wonderful responses.
- Lewis & Clark Virtual Backgrounds: If you can’t actually be on campus, at least you can bring campus with you to virtual meetings.
- Support for Teaching, Learning, and Working Remotely: This handy guide, created by L&C’s IT team, has trips and tricks to help navigate online platforms.
- Alumni Books and Publications: Looking for a new book? This extensive list is a great place to start.
- L&C Campus Tour: Take a virtual walk through campus.
- Senior Capstone Projects: Take a look at this sampling from recent years
- Virtual Concert with Associate Professor Susan Smith, Champagne and Chopin
- (Anti) Valentine’s Day Concert: This annual concert features L&C’s choirs and a cappella groups presenting humorous and poignant music.
- L&C Orchestra Concert: Sit back, relax, and listen to the L&C Orchestra performing music that ranges from the 18th through 21st century.
- Watch more live performances and browse the full archive of events.