L&C Events and Virtual Programming
The Alumni and Parent Programs office invites you to listen, learn, and enjoy the L&C community through the following resources.
November 2nd, 2021
November 4th, 2021
December 1st, 2021
Virtual Streaming of Past Events:
- Virtual Lecture with Associate Professor Diana Leonard, If You Don’t See Race, You Don’t See Me: Why Colorblindness Fails and What We Should Do About It
- 23rd Annual Environmental Studies Symposium, Stopping New Dams and Removing Old Ones: Klamath and Columbia Case Studies
- Virtual Lecture with Associate Professor Powers, ‘Ugly Americans’ vs. ‘Lousy Commies’: How a Theological Divergence Among U.S. Christians (ca. 1900) Helps Explain Our Current Divided Society
- Poems and Conversation with Kim Stafford, Professor Emeritus and Oregon’s ninth Poet Laureate
- Virtual Lecture with Professor Magali Rabasa, Pandemic Solidarity: Mutual Aid and Research in the Covid-19 Crisis
- Virtual Lecture with Assistant Professor Suparna Chaudhry, Uncivil Societies: Explaining Government Repression Against NGOs
- Virtual Lecture with Associate Professor Maryann Bylander, From Poverty Panacea to Credit Crisis: The Impacts of Microfinance Expansion in Southeast Asia
- Virtual Lecture with Distinguished International Law Visitor Phillipe Sands, The Ratline: The Flight of the Nazis to Avoid Prosecution
- Virtual Lecture with Associate Professor Jessica Kleiss, Clouds and Climate Change
- Virtual Lecture with Associate Professor Emerita Janet Davidson, Human Development Across the Lifespan: Who You’ve Been and Who You’ll Be
- Virtual Lecture with Professor Emeriti Jane Hunter, Missionary Daughter to Daughter of the Revolution: Isabel Crook’s Journey to China’s Great Hall of the People
- Virtual Lecture with Associate Professor Norma Velazquez Ulloa, Flies, Drugs, Genes, and Undergrads
- Virtual Lecture with Dr. Mojgan Sami, Pandemics and Social Change: Covid-19 and Racism in Historical Context
- Virtual Lecture with Professor Emeritus Stephen Dow Beckham, The Surprising Adventures of George Gibbs, 1816-1873, on the Oregon Frontier
- Virtual Lecture with Professor Tamily Weissman-Unni, Mapping the Brain in Living Color with “Brainbow”
- Virtual Lecture with Professor Rishona Zimring and India Ropes-Moyes ’20, Meaning in Motion: Modernism, Literature, and Dance
- Virtual Lecture with Associate Professor Liz Safran, Landslides and Lava and Floods, Oh My! How the Owyhee River Puts Up with Oregon’s Lively Geology
- Virtual Lecture with Associate Professor Dawn Odell, Global Trade, Chinese Art, and Eighteenth-Century America
- Virtual Lecture with Professor Emerita Jean Ward, Albany to Fir Acres: The “Cinderella College” Arrives
- Virtual Lecture with Associate Professor David Campion, A Terrible Beauty: Literature, History & Memory in 20th-Century Ireland
- Virtual Lecture with Professor Eleonora Beck, Music and the Black Plague
- 2020 Festival Of Scholars and Artists - L&C’s daylong event highlighting student research in discussion panels, posters, and performances.
- Virtual Lecture with Professor Rob Kugler, Of Mummified Crocodiles and Ancient Court Records: A Window on Jewish Legal Reasoning in Greco-Roman Egypt
- Virtual Presentation and Q&A with Professor Stephen Dow Beckham, Changes in the Land: Oregon, 1800-2020
- Albany Society Senior Alumni Summer Celebration 2021
- The Spymaster of Baghdad: A Conversation with author Margaret Coker BA ’93
- Real Nice Winemakers Wine Tasting with owner Anthony Van Nice BA ’97
- Buon Appetito! Italian Cooking with Chef Jake Greenberg ’79
- A to Z Wineworks Wine Tasting with owner Cheryl Francis BA ’92
- Beer Tasting and Lecture with Professor Brian Detweiler-Bedell
- Brick House Vineyards Wine Tasting with owner Doug Tunnell BA ’72
- Groth Vineyards Wine Tasting with President and CEO Suzanne Groth BA ’92
- Alumni Honors Celebration 2021
- A Conversation with Earl Blumenauer, BA’70, JD ’76
- Tales and Lessons from an American Diplomat featuring Ambassador Niels Marquardt ’75
- Elk Cove Vineyards Wine Tasting with owner Adam Campbell BA ’95
- Beckham Estate Vineyard Wine Tasting with owner Andrew Beckham BA ’98, G’01
- Okapi Wine Tasting with owner Kim Johnson BA ’86
- Cartoon Happy Hour with Matt Wuerker ’79 - Politico cartoonist and Pulitzer Prize winner Matt Wuerker ’79 recently led an easy drawing workshop and happy hour for the Lewis & Clark community. Click on the link above to see the whole presentation.
- Equity & Inclusion Classroom Resources - This guide provides Lewis & Clark faculty, staff, and students with resources related to equity, inclusion and anti-racism.
Resources to Support Anti-Racist Practice and Advocacy - This list was compiled by faculty at Lewis & Clark Graduate School of Education.
Anti-Racist Resource List - This is a running list from the Office of Equity & Inclusion.
Anti-Racism, Black Lives Matter, and Transformative Justice List from the Associated Students of Lewis & Clark.
Resources to Get Involved and Act - Curated by the Ethnic Studies Department.
- Virtual Concert with L&C Orchestra, “Serenade” by William Grant Still with the Northwest Orchestra Consortium
- Virtual Concert with Associate Professor Susan Smith, Champagne and Chopin
- Watch more live performances and browse the full archive of events.
We require all event attendees to bring proof of vaccination or negative COVID test results conducted within the previous 72 hours to the event. We will accept photo documentation. We will follow the local COVID-19 safety guidelines that are in place at the time of the event.