Lewis & Clark Black Alumni Association
Lewis & Clark Black Alumni Association (LCBAA) fosters excellence and community among current and future Black alumni and allies of Lewis & Clark College. Through its events and initiatives, LCBAA serves as a resource to facilitate networking to maximize the achievement of career goals for current Black students and alumni. We aim to create a robust network of Black alumni that embodies Lewis & Clark’s cornerstones of excellence, equity, community, and service. We collectively and individually aspire to:
- Collaborate with the LC board of Alumni and the BSU to support the academic and life success of Black students at Lewis & Clark.
- Support the success of Black alumni in their careers, community and global experiences.
- Encourage the engagement of Black alumni in the Lewis & Clark community.
- Support the ability of LC to provide a high-quality Diversity and Equity education to faculty and administrators.
- Work in partnership with the College to address issues that may impact the interests and concerns of Black students
- Serves as a resource to facilitate networking to maximize the achievement of career goals for current Black students and alumni. We invite all Black alumni and students of Lewis & Clark to join our online community to foster excellence, equity, community, and service.
If you are interested in participating in the mentorship program, either as a mentor or mentee, please fill out this form. This program launched in spring of 2023.
Learn more about the Black Student Union (BSU) or email them at email@example.com. You can follow the BSU on Instagram.
Meet Lewis & Clark’s 2020 Outstanding Young Alumna Award winner Kemiyondo Coutinho ’12.
Meet a Student- DJ Smith ’23
Juneteenth—also known as Freedom Day, Emancipation Day, Jubilee Day or Liberation Day—marks the end of slavery in the U.S.
Lewis & Clark’s Board of Trustees has elected Paula Hayes BS ’92 as its next chair. Hayes, an entrepreneurial cosmetics chemist and founder and CEO of Hue Noir, has served on the Board of Trustees since 2014.
Valerie White, L&C’s ombudsperson, shares her family’s history as Black abolitionists in an exhibit at Liberty Bell Center in Philadelphia and in an upcoming book.
President Robin Holmes-Sullivan was honored with a “Pillar of the Profession” award from the National Association for Student Personnel Administrators (NASPA).
Two exceptional student innovators were each awarded 5K for project proposals that seek to create positive social change within their communities.
Save the date! There will be an Alumni of Color Reception and an LCBAA Meet and Greet during Homecoming and Family Weekend, October 27 - 29, 2023.
Find all of the Alumni and Parent Engagement events here.
Pictured below, from left to right, Lewis & Clark Board of Trustees Board Chair Paula Hayes ’92, LC’s 26th President, Dr. Robin Holmes-Sullivan, President of the LC Board of Alumni, Dr. Stacy Thompson ’79
Pictures from the LCBAA Meet and Greet on March 3: