Diplomas & Cords
At the Commencement ceremony, you will receive your diploma cover containing a congratulatory message signed by all undergraduate faculty. Diplomas will not be available on Commencement day.
Diplomas for May graduates will be mailed by the Registrar’s Office (or can be picked up in the Registrar’s Office) after final grades are posted and student accounts are cleared—no earlier than 2 weeks following the Commencement ceremony.
If you wish to pick up your diploma, please notify the Registrar’s Office and check for availability before coming to the office. If the Registrar’s Office hasn’t received notification that you will be picking up your diploma, it will be mailed to the address that you provided on your degree application, as it becomes available (usually before June 1). You may also have a friend or family member pick up your diploma by providing a signed note.
Diplomas for December and August graduates will also be mailed/available no earlier than two weeks following the relevant degree conferral date: December degrees are conferred on December 31; August degrees are conferred on August 31.
- Gold cords: Resident advisors or student life interns.
- Silver cords: Student government, both ASLC (Associated Students of Lewis & Clark) and ISLC (International Students of Lewis & Clark College), as departmental representatives of SAAB.
- Emerald cords: Latin honors. Cum laude graduates earned a GPA of 3.7 to 3.799, magna cum laude graduates, 3.8 to 3.899, and summa cum laude graduates, 3.9 to 4.0
- Orange cords: Varsity athletics.
- Gold tassels: Departmental honors.
- Light blue: Passport to Leadership Program
- Royal blue: Student Alumni Board Ambassadors
- White: Student media