Visual And Performing Arts (VAPA) LLC
New students apply here. This application is for incoming students and continuing students new to VAPA.
(If you cannot access the Google form above, a PDF will be made available. Return the completed form to Campus Living by mail, email, or fax.)
Returning VAPA residents will complete a reflection application.
The Visual and Performing Arts Living-Learning Community unites creative people to engage and share in artistic expression. VAPA residents co-create holistic education through collaboration with faculty, staff, and the student body, integrating academic and experiential learning with a mind for life after college.
- Access to the Platteau Student Art Center, which provides an open art space and lounge furniture, ceramics studio, photo lab, dance studio, and music practice room.
- Activities, workshops, and events put on by the Platteau Managers including:
- Life Drawing
- Ceramics and Photo tutorials
- Open Mics
- Art Shows and galleries
- Art workshops put on by students and faculty
- Excursions off campus to see theatre, explore art galleries, and more.
- Chalkboard room doors that allow you to express yourself and create a sense of community art for the halls.
- Invitations to L&C Alumni in the Arts discussions
- Visits to Creative employers in Portland
- Faculty and the Arts - hear from your faculty about their personal artistic endeavors
- Support in translating Creative Arts into Creative Careers
Area Director: Dominique Gardner; firstname.lastname@example.org
Campus Partner: TBA
Student Coordinator : Bryan Miller (RA)