About the Board
The Board of Alumni (BOA) is the governing body of the Alumni Association. Their basic charge is to strengthen ties between and among alumni and the College. Through strategic planning, the BOA oversees and advises the College on programs to benefit alumni, and on ways that alumni can serve the College.To see the full Board roster, visit this page.
Each member may serve for two three-year terms. Beyond developing and enhancing communication among alumni and the College, BOA members also have a number of other chief responsibilities.
- Participate in at least two weekend meetings annually on the Lewis & Clark Campus
- Participate in the College’s annual fund
- Participate in regional chapter meetings and events
- Cultivate regional chapter volunteers and help to expand the Alumni Career Network
- Represent the College at college ceremonies
- Honor outstanding alumni at the annual Alumni Honors Banquet
Who we are and what we do
The Board of Alumni helps build and maintain connections among alumni of the College of Arts and Sciences (CAS). We also strengthen the connections between the CAS alumni community and Lewis & Clark College. We do this by:
- Developing and promoting enjoyable and relevant alumni events
- Championing alumni participation in sustaining and strengthening a strong fiscal foundation for the College’s next generation of students
Individual board members take a leadership role in classic alumni events such as the Alumni Honors Banquet, Reunion Weekend, and Homecoming. Members also initiate efforts that reflect the unique character of the college, such as developing a platform for mobilizing alumni service in local, regional and international volunteer efforts.
We balance these specific projects against our equally important responsibility to galvanize alumni participation in the Annual Fund. The board is currently assessing our fundraising goals in light of the College’s needs and goals to ensure that our efforts are strategically focused.
The board meets on campus three times annually to identify priorities, review proposals, and provide recommendations in support of their basic charge of strengthening ties between and among alumni and the College.
June 26, 2016
February 20, 2016
October 18, 2015
June 28, 2015
February 21, 2015
November 2, 2014
June 22, 2014
February 22-23, 2014
October 6, 2013
June 23, 2013
February 24, 2013
October 28, 2012
June 24, 2012
February 26, 2012
October 23, 2011
June 26, 2011
February 20, 2011
October 3, 2010
June 27, 2010
February 20, 2010
October 25, 2009
May 9, 2009