The mission of Student Rights and Responsibilities:
Student Rights and Responsibilities educates for civic leadership, promotes inclusion and social justice, restores balance when harm occurs, and protects the welfare of the community and the individual.
We engage the community through practices informed by Restorative Justice that promote conflict competence by teaching peaceful and collaborative resolution strategies.
Come visit us in Templeton 103 and learn more about us here
Here are some examples of how students may come to interact with our office:
- They have been documented at a situation in which violations of college policy may have occurred
- They are seeking assistance to mitigate a conflict in their life (school, personal, social, etc)
- They would like to be a part of the student committee
- They would like to work with the student committee on improving college policies
- They are involved in an investigation related to college policy
- They would like to report potential policy violations that they have witnessed
Click here to view our student conduct flowchart.
Look for Student Rights and Responsibilities in the Student Life Briefing Book!
Fill out an application to be on the Committee for Student Rights & Responsibilities HERE.
March 1st, 2017
Tackling the Racial & Ethnic Disparity
In this informational panel, come hear from Multnomah County DA Rod Underhill, Portland Police Chief Mike Marshman, and Multnomah County Sheriff Mike Reese about the policy changes they’ve made using data from the Racial and Ethnic Disparities (RED) report. Event is open to the public. Questions? Contact Sarah Fine at email@example.com.