Health Promotion and Wellness Mission Statement
The mission of Health Promotion and Wellness is to develop a healthy campus community that supports students in reaching their full academic potential and living healthy, well-balanced lives. We accomplish this mission by:
- Providing high quality health promotion, education, and prevention information and services.
- Providing high quality confidential consultation to faculty, staff, students and parents about students with health concerns.
- Providing outreach programs to students on topics related to wellness and academic success.
- Collaborating with other partners on campus and in the community in joint initiatives to meet students’ health needs, address public health concerns, and improve student success.
- Providing student leadership opportunities under the guidance of social justice within a public health framework.
- Providing all services in a professional manner that is consistent with ethical guidelines and legal mandates.
- Promoting inclusion and increasing awareness of the impact of privilege, prejudice, marginalization, and discrimination in the lives of individuals.
- Providing a safe environment for all by recognizing the unique and diverse identities of our Lewis and Clark College community.
Health Promotion and Wellness works to promote and develop a safe and healthy campus environment through continual collaboration with campus and community resources. Please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org for information regarding specific programs and services.