Health Promotion and Wellness Mission Statement
The mission of Health Promotion and Wellness is to develop a healthy campus community that supports students in reaching their full academic potential and living healthy, well-balanced lives. We accomplish this mission by:
- Providing high quality health promotion, education, and prevention information and services.
- Providing high quality confidential consultation to faculty, staff, students and parents about students with health concerns.
- Providing outreach programs to students on topics related to wellness and academic success.
- Collaborating with other partners on campus and in the community in joint initiatives to meet students’ health needs, address public health concerns, and improve student success.
- Providing student leadership opportunities under the guidance of social justice within a public health framework.
- Providing all services in a professional manner that is consistent with ethical guidelines and legal mandates.
- Promoting inclusion and increasing awareness of the impact of privilege, prejudice, marginalization, and discrimination in the lives of individuals.
- Providing a safe environment for all by recognizing the unique and diverse identities of our Lewis & Clark College community.
As we engage with students, we promote and assess the following learning outcomes:
Through completion of PSI: Sexual Health & Consent, students will be able to:
1. describe two characteristics of consent in the Lewis & Clark community.
2. list two resources that they could contact to discuss Sexual Misconduct.
3. describe one way they could intervene in a concerning situation.
Through the completion of a SAPES interaction with HPW staff, students will be able to:
- list two positive and two negative effects they receive from using substances
- describe three strategies for keeping themselves safer and reduce risk while using substances
- estimate their blood alcohol content (BAC).
- list two resources on campus or in the community that they could contact to discuss substance use.
Health Promotion and Wellness works to promote and develop a safe and healthy campus environment through continual collaboration with campus and community resources. Please contact our office at email@example.com for information regarding specific programs and services.