The mission of the Sponsored Research Office at Lewis & Clark College is to provide faculty and staff in the College of Arts & Sciences with professional and quality support and service in the acquisition and administration of external funds for research, scholarly projects, and creative endeavors.
- Identify funding opportunities
- Assist with proposal and research development
- Develop budgets
- Review and edit all application materials
- Facilitate internal approvals and submission
- Disseminate grant and funding agency related information
- Support post-award grant management, including reporting
- Coordinate and assure compliance with applicable regulations
The Research Corporation for Science Advancement (RCSA) has awarded Professor of Chemistry Julio de Paula a $25,000 Cottrell Plus SEED grant.
Professor of Chemistry Louis Kuo has been awarded a $249,000 grant from the National Science Foundation. The grant will fund Kuo’s ongoing student-supported research into environmental toxin remediation and phosphorus recovery. The research he and his students are doing aims to better degrade neurotoxins found in pesticides and chemical weapons.
Associate Professor of Art History Dawn Odell has landed her second, third, and fourth external individual research grants this calendar year.
Cameron, who is also associate dean of the College of Arts and Sciences, received a scholarship from the Clare Boothe Luce Program to attend the HERS Institute at Bryn Mawr College. We sat down with her to discuss how this opportunity will help her Lewis & Clark STEM students.
Summer science research
Funding news, faculty research highlight, and more!